WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

I was quite happy with my Pocket-Scale, until it went Tits-Up! winky

And, when I had to reset Tare multiple times on the ‘new’ scale in a single usage, I knew its time here had to come to an end.

I weighed something the other day and when I removed the organic material I was weighing from the scale instead of Zeroing out as it should have (obviously), it showed 11 grams. PullHair unhappytdn

It did that multiple times in a single sitting! unhappytdn

Time to go! unhappytdn winky

Thank you for the discussion, @Sasquatch! tup

48 ,
WHAB

1 Like

Nice, Brother @Floyd! tup

wavy,
WHAB

1 Like

Wow! That was something! winky ROFLMAO

What are the 1gpw rules?

IF it includes stuff in the multiple Hash Bags (I segregated by strain), I’m in winky:

That’s not including random buds I pulled to “test” throughout this Harvesting, Trimming, Drying, Trimming, Bagging and Jarring session! winky and is still sitting on my desktop (probably 1/2 ounce). A little harsh, of course…but, effective!

Most is in Grove Bags of various sizes (I bought more) and Mason Jars.

There is some I set aside that looks pretty sweet on one side but a little burnt on the other. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with that just yet. Will probably throw it in the Hash Bag as well.

Also, the last plants I got to are dry. Very dry. Maybe too dry, imo.

I’m hesitant to post exact weight. I always assume someone is listening.

It’s NOT paranoia if people really are trailing you! ROFLMAO

This is the Burn Bucket (which I stomped down with my body weight multiple times, it’s packed!), which does include entire Colas frown Also, I just now put the Mini-Hygrometers in the jars.

I’ll do better next time! winky

Good morning!

Make it a GREAT day. tup

volcano,
WHAB

7 Likes

I would say you did pretty dam good and I’m sure you will do even better! :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

Thank you, Mr. @Floyd!

I appreciate the kind words, sincerely!

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

How goes it friend. Hope things are well over your direction. It’s been wet here lately. I bet your just wasting time admiring those jars. :wink: Anyway. Just checking in. :+1:

2 Likes

You just keep getting better and better.
:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Hey brother Rhino!

Things are going pretty well on this end - considering.

I attended a Memorial for a favorite Nephew (39) Saturday. He died in AM Sept. 1. Drove home in ‘driving’ rain. I had to pullover twice, I couldn’t see the road.

Suspected overdose. He had previously been diagnosed with enlarged heart so I don’t believe it was an overdose. People that were with him at the time said he took Molly. Molly is not an overdose drug, typically. Autopsy is being conducted, I am told.

My constant advise is always, to whomever - you control the drug, don’t let the drug control you.

I tried several times to get him to concentrate on Cannabis. I tried to get him in to Cannabis Cultivation as I believe in the Therapeutic value of Cannabis gardening. I relayed the information to the group I got my card through at least twice to his Mother (the least expensive, and very quick).

I was prepared to provided him with Medicine for free. And hopes of teaching him to grow.

IF it is an Overdose and not Heart Failure, I failed Joshua and his Mom. frown

R.I.P Joshua!

Thank you for checking in, my friend!

frown,
WHAB

6 Likes

Hey @WhiteHotAfterburner , so sorry to hear about your loss. Even if it’s the worst case scenario you should not feel like you failed. Trying to help is sometimes all we can do. In the end we cannot control others, just do our best to advise them and hope they will have the strength to listen and change their ways. Sadly it’s just not always possible. My condolences friend.

4 Likes

Hello my friend!

While you are absolutely correct, trying is all we can do. I know he respected my opinion of such matters. It wasn’t enough, it seems.

I told him several times I did not want to bury him, that it is not right…that that would hurt too much.

Trying and not succeeding feels like failure.

I get your point, brother. I appreciate you offering it. Thank you!

frown,
WHAB

4 Likes

Really sorry for your loss.
losing a loved one is never easy no matter the circumstances :broken_heart:

3 Likes

R.I.P Joshua!,
WHAB

4 Likes

The failure was not yours my friend. I have lost several friends to alcohol or drugs. Not once did any of them think they had a problem. They had it under control.
A good friend of mine was a heroin addict and I didn’t have a clue. He was found in Trenton NJ in the back of his van with a bullet in his head, He apparently was trying to buy a couple of grand of smack and got ripped and killed.
Another good friend drank himself to death and nothing I said to him would have changed a thing.
You did what you could bro, the failure wasn’t yours even though it may feel that way.
Live and love…… just love yourself enough to do what it takes to keep loving and living.

7 Likes

Thank you, @Canofbusjoe … I appreciate your kinds words!

WHAB

3 Likes

Thank you, my old friend!

Yeah, the ‘street’ just isn’t what it used to be.

Thank you for your very kind words, brother.

And, my condolences for your losses.

I’m just at the what-if frame of mind at this point. Joshua was a great kid (even though nearly 40 (we practically share a Birthday)), full of potential! And, what if…

Thank you, brother @Oldjoints!

Your friend,
WHAB

3 Likes

I’m posting this one just as a point of reference winky

Joshua 0003B 09072021

Those are my Sister’s kids. The two boys are the sons of the guy seated (in a wheelchair - forestry accident (Widow Maker got him frown)).

Joshua was a TALL fella! Awkward to hug, but I’m a hugger! smoke

He was a BIG boy!

WHAB

2 Likes

Dang man. I’m.sorry to hear of your loss. It’s hard to lose someone that you’ve tried to reach out to. Unfortunately we can’t always protect those we care about. You did all you could. Definitely no failure there.

I completely agree with the therapeutic effects of a cannabis garden. I feel the love in there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hope to always have one going. Maybe even a BOG (Bonanza of green) :+1:.

My heart goes out to you friend. 🫀

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, @Rhino_buddy!

Yes, I spent hours in the last garden just sitting there admiring them.

I do hope you fulfill all of your hopes, in the garden and otherwise!

Thank you, my friend!,
WHAB

4 Likes

Now where were we?

winky

This idea looks to be working. I mentioned it previously, being able to meter out pH Down in a controllable manner while minimizing waste.

Silicone Tubing 1/4 Inch ID X 3/8 Inch OD.

60ml Syringe.

pH Down.

I, and you all (potentially), won’t have to tip the bottle over to dispense its contents in an uncontrollable manner any longer all the while watching it either hit the floor directly or running down the exterior of the bottle.

Simply drill a hole in the bottle top (being careful of the extra - second - layer of plastic inside the cap), cut an angle on both ends of the tubing at whatever length you decide on.

Once you’ve pulled what tubing you need through the cap (pull from the inside the cap to the outside - it’s a shorter distance) cut that syringe end of the tubing straight, leaving the angled cut in the bottle. This will prevent it from sticking through suction to the bottom of the inside of the bottle allowing you to draw it up in to the syringe easier.

Also, I was able to stop and start multiple times (testing it) to remove air build-up in the syringe and continue drawing more in where I had stopped it.

This will work in whatever liquids you need to apply to your plants whether Dirt (Soilless) or Hydro.

I’ll be able to standardize dosages once I know a starting point. ie: How much pH Down equals 1 drop in pH, in my situation (40 gallon reservoir (or 5 gallon top-off bucket)) equals how many ML’s in the syringe - without the waste and mess.

Keep it Green!,
WHAB

6 Likes

Very coo @WhiteHotAfterburner , love the customization.

3 Likes