WHAB’s 1924 Brick Schoolhouse RDWC

Hey folks! wavy I hope you’re ALL making it a great evening! tup

A mixed bag of an update! winky

I thought I was going to put off taking the fuel tank off the Kubota until after I fix my car or take a scheduled trip I have coming up.

My SIL asked me how it was going - did I get the tank off yet?

Instead of trying to explain it to her I went and took the tank off the Kubota.

I was trying to get it done without removing the belly mower AGAIN.

One stinking rotating dial kept me from having to take it off. One dial, out of the dozen of pedals, levers and dials I had to deal with and ONE DIAL forced me to take the belly mower out AGAIN! F!!!

That dial that you see remaining in the above picture.

It is the Cut Height Adjustment Dial.

This one…it has a single nut very near was where I was when I did the other work down there. It’s under the floorboard, above the mower deck and in between the frame rails. F!!!

That wasn’t the only difficulty. I wasn’t able to fully remove the floorboard even though I saw mention of that in the research I did. Then, one of the molded in place ‘nut’ holding one of the handles on that also held the tank in was spinning and spinning. The molded in place nut was spinning. It wasn’t holding the handle on at all. That and other evidence indicate at least one other mechanic was in there before I was.

Then I went to drain the fuel tank before I actually removed it, making it much lighter…the fuel was barely dribbling out of the 5/16th ID hose.

While I was checking on its progress it started coming out in a better stream…yeah, there’s something in there!

I propped the tank where I could get it to drain better, into a 5 gallon diesel can.

I blew the tank out in reverse - from the fuel tank feed line and out the filler neck.

Those black bits look to be Bee carcasses. I read that Bees are attracted to this new Diesel fuel. Something sweet in it confused2

I squished one between my fingers and it seemed rather crunchy.

Whatever they are, they were clogging the fuel hose going to the Remote Fuel Filter, that feeds the Fuel Pump, that then feeds the Engine.

I’m going to put some more fuel in the tank, slosh it around and see what else comes out of it. Later.

I did contact our Kubota dealer/repair shop regarding a fuel tank strainer and they don’t know of any similar item for the BX series tractors. They knew exactly what I was describing and what I was looking for. They are available on their other larger tractors.

I did find a sink strainer approximately the right diameter. The filler neck has a 3 inch I.D. This is 3-3/8ths inch.

Not only do I not want to take the Mower Deck out and back in again, I am not going to take that fuel tank out again - ever!

It took my 6-1/2 hours to get it out.

I’m not sure IF the sink strainer will work. IF it does work I’ll better form the screen for our purpose and RTV it in place.

Then, the parts I need to repair the Troy-Built TB675 EC Trimmer enough just to see IF I can get it running came in early. (Throttle Assembly and Throttle Cable)

IF I can get it running then I’ll address the other issues.

Now back to matters ‘specifically’ grow related winky Besides just checking it since my last update, I have attended to the Reservoir multiple times. I’ve topped it off at least twice and added 20 gallons of straight pH adjusted water - no nutes.

Before I started on the Kubota, I opened the floor up to take a peek under there to see how I can tie in to the sewer line.

I had it all worked out in my head. I’d buy a Saddle Tee and drop the existing 1 inch PVC in to it.

On my drive to town I got to thinking - hey, I’m tapping in to the sewer line, I need a P-Trap (or of sorts).

They didn’t have a Saddle Tee of any sort - none no matter the size. The only p-trap they had was like you’d use on a bathroom sink.

I had to build one. I had to buy 1 foot of 2 inch PVC. I only need a few inches of it.

Rotate the above 90 degrees to the left in your mind! winky

Approximately $35 for a S-Trap crazy winky

Before I started on the tractor last night - and, man-o-man, I’m hurting - I got a better look at the space under the floor.

A better look at what the loft is being supported by AND tying in to the sewer drain.

There is a knee wall that is supporting a center post that is supporting the loft. The knee wall is not where I remember it being ROFLMAO It is nearer to the access opening in the floor, just to the left in the first picture. An access opening I had to modify. It was one large piece that I cut in half then added the blocking to support the seam there (the support is removable).

It is impossible to see what is on the other side of the knee wall, the West side of 1924 Schoolhouse.

I was able to see that the sewer line is - nearer to the opening in the floor than I remember, too! ROFLMAO

I thought I’d be able to buy a saddle fitting and drop the 1 inch drain line I have for the A/C right into the sewer line. I was not been able to find a saddle tee that will allow me to drop the 1 inch drain line straight in to it.

But, emptying buckets is nearly history! :tup:

The drain pipe I’m showing is going to the laundry, the bathroom and the kitchen sink…all on the East side of the West side knee wall.

There is another knee wall that supports the East brick wall of the Classroom, farther East of that drain line, just behind it. It separates the former Cloak Room from the rest of the Classroom (living space). You can’t get over there, either - there is no access (without cutting in to the floor) frown

Not sure what I’ll do next. I’m exhausted and hurting! I feel like a nap!

We’ll see! winky

I hope you’re ALL making it a great night! winky

Gonna early volcano winky

So, feel free to join me with a volcano or 48 amongst yourselves! winky

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

My neighbors are mowing and trimming right now.

I was starting to wonder if they were true to their words.

They are!

That is a trait I admire and look for in people. I look disfavorably on those that aren’t true to their words.

IF you’re not going to do what you say you’re going to do then don’t say the words!

tup

I couldn’t spend much time out there with them, I’m hurting that bad.

I did spend enough time with them to thank both of them and to inform them I haven’t been doing nothing since our last discussion. That I spent 6-1/2 hours last night and in to the morning taking the tractor/mower apart.

rockon,
WHAB

3 Likes

Hey WHAB,
What’s happening brother? I hope all is well.

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Hello my friend! :wave:

Sorry for my absence. Been covered up! (means busy in particular vernacular! :wink:)

A day or two after my last post I wasn’t feeling well and was down a few days.

Then, I had been following the ripeness of the Girls with the WiFi Microscope that was telling me they needed more time.

I was up there trimming and accidentally damaged a stem so I brought it down and looked at it with the USB Microscope which showed a vastly different maturity.

I sent the Girls to Final Flush (Flower Day 91 shocked biggrin) …3 days.

I’m now Chopping them down and Wet Trimming them and putting them up to Dry.

The first one down is #1 - Tangerine Dream x C99 (50 inches, give or take, probably taller except for height cramping restrictions of the space :wink:).

It took me several hours to wet trim her. I have 4 other Girls to take down, trim and set to dry.

I’ll be back to update as soon as I can.

Thanks for looking in, brother!

I hope all is well on your end of these confounded wires, too! :wink:

WHAB

4 Likes

Oh, the above is in addition to getting the Kubota back together and running and mowing :wink:

And, building out the Under Loft.

And, looking into having a ‘mechanic’ fix my Low Oil Pressure indicated issue.

Since it’s taking my so long to trim just ONE Girl, I’m going to chop them all down now, hang them in the Bloom Room and Trim them as I can. I Chopped and took out #1 by itself, leaving the others in their buckets. System is shut down. Need to get the rest out of their buckets. Will take some root shots when I can.

Also, (knock on wood) … there was no clogging or flooding tup party-smiley-048

See ya’s when I see ya’s! winky

rockon,
WHAB

4 Likes

She was a good looking plant.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

ahhh harvest… excellent! It does seem like you have more stability in the system now, and that’s a good thing!

2 Likes

Kind of you to say, my friend.

It’s obvious you have a knack for looking beyond the ugly I have caused this Girl! winky

Thank you.

Tips tophat.

No, I have not gotten around to reducing the size of that monstrously large Stovepipe! ROFLMAO

WHAB

2 Likes

One hopes! shocked

winky

tup,
WHAB

I took yesterday off - I didn’t do a darn thing crazy

But, the slog continues…

Plant #4 in original lineup, Third to get Chop and Trim…

Harvest - Raspberry Cough (1) 08212021

This bellow is going in the Hash Bag, and those like it.

Flash then no flash, and I added the soda can…

Same planet, just another angle…

Then what was on the hanger is on the scale - stalks and wet buds (not dried or destalked). One bud in the very back was slightly touching the bench.

What is on the bench, popcorn buds and trimmed damaged buds are going in the Hash Bag.

Back to Work! crazy ROFLMAO

After a volcano! winky

Oh, I am trimming the Girls in the order they were in in the Bloom Room…

Still 2 more to trim… facepalm ROFLMAO

volcano ,
WHAB

9 Likes

Harvest - Blueberry (Dutch Passion)…(no #1 or #2 as this Girl lost her sibling through neglect and incompetence! winky)

First I chopped off the absolutely Fried buds that are going straight in the Burn Pile frown :

There are more dead and damaged buds on what remains but they are interspersed with Good Buds and/or Hash Bag material.

I didn’t realize until just now, reviewing the pics… that her Jewelry was reversed when I took the picture! ROFLMAO

On a different note. I decided to take a few buds and use both microscopes on the same 2 buds.

USB Microscope…(the results of which prompted me to send the Girls to Final Flush).

Snap_005

Snap_006

Snap_007

Snap_010

Snap_012

Snap_013

Snap_015

Now the WiFi Microscope…(same buds, different cameras)…

This one is fuzzier than the others but when I ‘snapped’ the shutter it was in focus. A third hand would be handy here! ROFLMAO Or Mind Controlled Shutter Control! ROFLMAO

I should note here that while I did use the WiFi Microscope for the above images, I did not use it in WiFi mode. I had it directly connected to my PC and used the software there and not the Max_See app.

I have to get back at it but, I also have to eat.

Spaghetti Sunday, then more Chop, Trim and send to Dry… tup

Oh, I see now it was this Blueberry (Dutch Passion) that is the Girl showing the color (Purple? A Purple BLUEberry?!?! winky)

rollitup,
WHAB

7 Likes

Congrats on the harvest bud, nice job.

2 Likes

Thank you, Doug! Kind of you to say!

WHAB

2 Likes

Little Change In Plans…

I knew this Blueberry (Dutch Passion) was pretty dry as soon as I lopped off those Light Burned Buds.

I decided to test it with my General Moisture Meter.

I was getting readings of from 8% to 17% on her.

I decided to test the preceding Girl, the Raspberry Cough (1).

I’m going to assume the meter is accurately reading the moisture. I have no other way to verify it or the Girls.

I’m going to trim the buds off the stalks and put her straight in to the Half Pound TerpLoc Grove Bag with the Window now (Weight Dependent).

I’ll put one of those individual Temp/Moisture sensors in this and subsequent Grove Bags and keep an eye on them…

It’s been pretty warm the past few days, since they Girls got the Chop…I am only just a little surprised the Girls have dried to this degree.

:tup:,
WHAB

3 Likes

Your best readings will be to use that meter on the stalks/stems instead of the bud…….

3 Likes

Is that a lumber moisture meter?

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I had not thought of that.

Thank you, brother!

tup,
WHAB

Yes.

rockon,
WHAB

2 Likes

I just tried it. It’s giving me readings of 32% to 41%.

This was just a quick scan. I have to get ready for a Dr. appointment in the “City”.

I’ll retest when I get back.

Thank you, my friend!

rockon,
WHAB

If your meter has a softwood setting that is what you want to use.
You are going to have to take readings daily and monitor the results until you know for sure you are at the proper moisture content. I would always take readings from the same size stem so you have an accurate reading.
The correct moisture should be 11-12% for dry bud. 14% if you want to start a slow cure.
If you take a small stem and bend it you should hear an audible snap of the branch. Coincide that with a reading of your meter and see how accurate it is. Once you determine what that reading is you can use that as a reference.

Are the above readings from a newly harvested plant?

3 Likes