The Press Room: ♨

I got to see how you do this. I have several of those laying around of different tonnage.

1 Like

Clean em up good and get you SIL to set you up.

It is as easy as can be.

You set the press up where it won’t be in the way, lol.

And get the biggest set of these you think you can manage. At 3" by 5", I should have picked up bigger plates.

The press should have something that fits this piece. It has screws that hold it in place. The other one, for now, just floats on the work surface below.

Plug & Play.

2 Likes

Well I am new to this. Looks like lots of variety is possible.

The one in the white tub is a mix of a bunch of different mixed kief 2nd pull material.

The other is a first pull of extremely fresh (almost wet) Space Candy.

2 Likes

i only scrolled 1/2-way through the image & thought that was some crap to rebuild your jack seals…hah. i must be high. :egg:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

No man, this is all about body building;

3 Likes

The bottle jack on my rosin press has been leaking slowly. The other morning I woke up to a puddle of pump oil on my workbench. After cleaning up I went out to get me another 6-ton bottle jack. I went to my local NAPA and got myself a new (much nicer) bottle jack for $25 on sale.

That sticker is kind of ugly, how about a new one. There, ReikoXized.

Well I have to test this out right? I weighed out about 2 grams of Durban Poison buds.

Lets take a closer look shall we? These are some of the small (they were all small) buds off the Durban Poison #1. I didn’t even bother to trim these. It’s a shame it yielded so low, they are some nice buds.

Into the pre-press while the plates heat. I like to keep it in the pre-press up until I press them. If you take it out of the pre-press, it will slowly start to expand.

I don’t usually use a filter for these small presses. Between a piece of parchment and a piece of TFX baking sheet around that to prevent blowouts.

Squished between the plates at 95*C for 3 minutes. A little dark, but so were the starting buds.

Nice clean squish!

I ended up with 0.26 grams of some fire rosin. That’s about 13% return. Not too bad! Hitting this you can definitely taste the anise spice with a bit of sweetness on the exhale. The effect rocked me at first. I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so powerful.

I pressed these Durban Poison #2 and only got a 4% return. I hit it and the taste isn’t as good, nor as tasty as the other. I think with a better cure these will press and taste better. The effect wasn’t as strong either. I will have to smoke some flowers after a cure for a final verdict.

14 Likes

I am liking the back liner.

Textured doesn’t seem to hurt the results. :thumbsup: :arrow_double_down: :white_flower:

2 Likes

only $20 with free shipping and 150-230 (300-450) temperature control… is that too hot for pressing?

3 Likes

I am finding that I get good results around 200F give or take 20 degrees on the big one. The @roux press I set for around 270, which translates to about 200 on the vice.

2 Likes

Yes I agree with @99PerCent I usually press at 95°C for three minutes on my six ton press.

That being said, there are a few things you can do to improve the process. First thing you can do is simply turn the thing off then press. Another option is a fan speed cobtroller (variac) turn the thing on high and dial back the voltage should work. Finally puttin it in a vice or quick clamp will help you get more force.

If you are going to use a hair straightener, I highly suggest making hash first. Dry sift, dry ice, ice water, even scissor hash works. Wrap it up tight in some coffee filters and press away.

Remember :fire: in :fire: out.

7 Likes

Hey, where can I get one of these?

99%

1 Like

if you have a keyboard with a numpad on the right you can do right alt+0176 or 248. otherwise on windows you can press start and search the ‘character map’ program - turn on advanced so you can search symbols then you can copy/paste it from there °¢¿ᴓᴕ

i guess i could use my IR thermo to really dial in the temp… and yes the website also had a little 4" ratchet clamp for ~$4 but the thing probably break

3 Likes

4" Ratchet will be too flimsy.

You can try, but you will not beat the price and efficiency of the @roux press.

Space is still available people, :laughing:

7 Likes

I love it, hit me up in PM and I’ll send you one of mine.

1 Like

The mail man has been good to me this week.

Thanks dude!

12 Likes

press is looking badass! freakin’ beautiful piece of equipment :+1: Why do you need bigger plates? To do bigger pucks of herb?

I’ve got a few more canna-stickers for you

3 Likes

Afternoon hair iron squish-Yum!!!

3 Likes

Glad it made it. I gave you a bunch of each seed because I know how you like to share. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Post sandwich afternoon squish. Yum!!!

7 Likes