What are you proud of? Cannabis related accomplishments

@PhilCuisine the first time I saw a Phototron is was based on successfully farming in zero gravity with gel based media and rotational supports allowing for even growth! Loved it and I have a pile of LED’s I’ll one day set into a flower chamber

3 Likes

I thought it was around 5k. Had a few of the boxes also. Seems like I remember it being around 3-5k. I remember an argument over them because they were given to my friend in the early 90’s then he wanted his money for them 20 years later. I see some for 700 I also see some for over 2 for a 2x2. I remember in high times they were expensive. All that stuff could have been from overseas.

2 Likes

A few years ago, I got a hold of 10 seeds from a bag (of what I would later find out was Northern Lights auto) someone sold me. I started 8, and only 4 popped, two males and two females. One of the males got nearly 7 feet (about 2.1 meters) tall and had fan leaves a foot (30 cm) long. I culled the other male, allowing the biggest one to pollinate both of the females. I got thousands of seeds. I’ve given away hundreds and still have about 2000 of them.
That’s the story of my first seed run. The weed the dude sold me initially was “meh”, but what grew from those bag seeds is outstanding. A friend of mine in another county grew some last summer and it turned out really well. The terpene profile is pine, citrus and cedar, and they seem to have a lot of CBG in them.

6 Likes

I have 5 shop lights LED’S and I will be making my own homemade Phototron sometime soon…4ft tall x 2ft. wide.

I remember going to their factory for a tour in Bellwood, Illinois but in order to tour the factory you had to buy a Phototron first and that cost me $350 for the U bulb ones…I didn’t care I had tons of cash back in the day…The Phototrons I run now are T5’s compact fluorescents much brighter than the first Phototrons.

4 Likes

Great responses, I’ll try. My greatest cannabis related accomplishment… using therapeutically/recreationally since a 14 yr old has cost me my late father and mothers respect, loss of employment and loss of residence and probably some health problems. BUT this is all overshadowed when my 20 something daughter non-toker cluster migraine disability sufferer finally convinced Daddy to allow her to ‘TRY’ cannabis. I did NOT let anyone influence my girls opinion and after she asked me to take her again to emergency for “even a needle right through my eye” to stop her pain. I VERY VERY hesitantly enabled her useage as a last ditch medicating effort. I still regret starting her out, and told her as much. I said " I don’t want you to ‘ruin’ your life like I did". Through our tears she told me as she held me by the shoulders “Dad you didn’t ruin my life, you saved it.” I cannot ever achieve anything better or makes me more proud. In a way I think I had to suffer for the plant and its reputation, in a way a warrior for the plant and other peoples freedom. Growing yeah I got cool pics, but THIS was what I am most proud of.

11 Likes

I remember I didn’t know they were that cheap. I know you have been around for a minute. Your ATF tells me that. One strain I really what. I seen some that are photo’s. You do great work. The t5 lights were all I had. I remember getting old street lights. I never seen a grow store until 2000. Never trusted mail back then. Or just scared to buy stuff.
Good stuff as always.

4 Likes

I might be able to get you a cuttings/clones of my Vietnam Thunder Fuck strain…1 guy in Colorado has them…

3 Likes

I am proud to live in a place where ‘the devil’s lettuce’, the ‘dope’, or whatever put down they got, is now:
MEDICINE

Critical medicine for some. It may not be federally(still scheduled right next to el sid and china cat), but culturally we have made strides.

‘Why do you always smell like you just hugged a skunk?’

4 Likes

You dun good Dad… you did.

3 Likes

LMAO! Nearly did a spit-take on that one!! Didn’t catch what you were saying!! Thanks…but I wish!!

2 Likes

Bwahaha I missed it too! I thought you referring to something else @shag Good one buddy!

@Lady.Zandra63 You my Milf

2 Likes

Good for you! So many people left to be educated about our great healing plant. The movement has come a long way but still need to keep moving forward.

2 Likes

Apt thread…

Taught several to grow from ICQ and IRC chat

Multiple strains reviews taken as strainbase submissions

Acquisition of AB G13, cutting and rooted clones sent nationwide and first of AB G13 hybrids available at a seed bank and sent globally 100 packs for FREE.

Promotion of Fig Widow and rise to future prominence

micro quick dry has appeared on every forum possible and many praise how well it works while others bash it.

ID lineage of the infamous FL Crippy as Pakistani

My NEXT is the sativa dream plant, short growing 45 day flowering and soaring creeper effect with master alpha pinene profile of terps.

4 Likes

When they busted my place in 2004 maybe 05, it was on the front page of the Oakland Tribune, biggest in city history. Mom told me to get a lawyer on Friday they came on Monday. I’m proud She was so tuned in and that I wasn’t too stupid to listen. Or talk😉

5 Likes

Aww! Thanks sweety!! You just Made my day!!! :blue_heart: :purple_heart: :brown_heart:

1 Like

So Mrs. mota was on the couch across the room looking at the pictures of the roots, wondering what the heck that is, and asks me, “Is that someone making noodles or something?” rofl :rofl: rofl :rofl: I just about fell off my chair! OMFG I love her so much!

4 Likes

She doesn’t garden with you?
Consider ‘showing her the ropes’… you never know when you might need her to tend them for you in an emergency!!

3 Likes

No, she doesn’t participate, but she’s happy to have me garden. She’s like the Adam Ant song Goody Two Shoes, “Ya don’t smoke, ya don’t drink, what do ya do?” We won’t go into just what does she does right now. :rofl:

3 Likes

i tryed to show my missus how to mix A and B coco nutes for flower when i had to get an operation done once i was like now just mix up 30mls of A and B like i showed you before when i came back dead plants.

i said show me how you mixed up the flower nutes when i was in hospital, so she pours 30 ml of B from the flower bottle, im thinking all good she remembered then she picks up the same B bottle of flower nutes and tips in another 30 ml stirs it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

and forget teaching her about Ph

she cute tho

4 Likes

For me, Mrs. mota is far more important than literally anything else in my world. Anything. (And she’s smarter than me.)

6 Likes