What brought you to Overgrow?

My laptop… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A fellow veteran friend on another site recommended it because of this place being veteran friendly. I’m an old fart so seeing the strains from my teens being regrown to keep the strains relevant warms my heart.

7 Likes

It most assuredly is that. We love our veterans.

4 Likes

I was part of another forum posting up my SIP bed and cabinet system that I came up with and @CrunchBerries informed me of another great thread about SIPs here at OG. Came over to check it out, ended up making an account and never really left lol. I was only a member of one other forum but heavy lurker on others and can attest that the atmosphere over here at OG is leaps and bound better. Glad to see most people got their heads on straight over here and a lot more comforting for new people to post without the worry of disturbing the trolls.

5 Likes

Glad you stuck around bud!! Please feel free to post any updates in the sip thread. Would love to catch up on your projects.

5 Likes

I was doing a lot of research, reading everything I could find on the Internet about growing weed. I like to keep a low profile, so never joined any of the forums focusing on it. But the more I looked, the more I found here on OG. It’s such a deep wellspring of information… And wide too, with posts covering every imaginable aspect of this hobby and the plant at its center.

As so many others have already mentioned, the camaraderie here is like a breath of fresh air. That’s what ultimately won me over; I could have continued to lurk without creating an account, and would still have learned more here about growing (and harvesting, and storing, and processing into edibles/tinctures ets.) than at any other site. But I recognized a brotherhood/sisterhood here, and figured it was worth taking the plunge.

OverGrow the World with Love! :peace_symbol: :heart:

7 Likes

I bet you already are there, but in case there are other VA friends, we have a thread!
Virginia Is For Lovers

Of all the stories this one wins.

I love to hear the OG-OG members who returned after a decade. I love the people who joined because Subcool or BOG or another respected breeder invited them. Foreigner is here. I LOVE the women of the forum who realize there are a ton more women on OG than all of the others put together.

But getting the work phone and seeing someone was scrolling a field of weed. :kissing_smiling_eyes:🤌 :leaves:
Exquisite

8 Likes

A friend introduced me to the original Overgrow and I enjoyed the activity of members contributing and commenting often. When the original Overgrow was offline the community seemed to migrate to Icmag and a few others forums. Icmag seemed to be where most of the activity went. The vibrance of the community.

After a while, Icmag seemed to wane in terms of it’s popularity, especially with the rise of social media platforms taking a share of the community activity.

MNS for a bit, back to Icmag, sort of following the robustness of the community wherever it seemed to go. Then I happened across this new iteration of Overgrow and I was pleasantly surprised to see it’s popularity and the activity of membership! A robust community with a lot of interaction between members. I started visiting here instead of MNS and Icmag because it seems to be busier with more active and contributing members.

I’m here because there is a core aspect of the community who have made this the gathering tree. Where we all come to visit and interact with one a other; I see the shade of a beautiful and robust community. Many blessings and much love

4 Likes

Nice looking garden man!

I grabbed a pic of that diy phototron shaped cabinet I mentioned before. I couldn’t get a very good pic, or any pics of the inside. It was buried behind too much crap. lol

There’s fluorescent lights that run vertically, mounted in the corners. I mounted the ballasts on top to help with heat.

This thing is like 15-20 years old. I never actually flowered in it. The only thing I’ve ever really used it for is to keep male plants in. I’ve actually been wanting to pull it out and use it for that again. It’s a good spot to collect a bit of male pollen.

2 Likes

I actually have plans on making a homemade one myself…

Just get a 4x8 white panel from Menards and cut it down to 2×4 panels, it’s just gonna be a square/rectangular upright box no fancy corners…

Buy 4 of these 4ft. 2 bulbs each LEDs for each corner of the chamber…

Buy 4 of these 4ft. single bulb LEDs to put in between the corner double LED bulbs…

Then buy 2-4 of these LEDs for the top lighting…

There you go, a homemade Phototron which will be way brighter than the one on the marketplace for $200 and way cheaper too

Oh yeah, go to a Dollar Tree and get yourself a big $5 pot for soil or SWC growing in your new homemade Phototron…

This is my plan anyway for next winter grow…

13 Likes

Very cool! Hope you post up some pics. Would be great to follow along and see

1 Like

I haven’t grown for 20 years. Back then I was too cautious to join a site like this or talk to anyone. It’s hard not to talk about your garden. So I decided to join a community of people who share my love of growing. I’ve only been on the site for a few days. It’s been fun so far. Everyone seems to be polite and invested in the topic.

9 Likes

I was a lurker at OG 1.0 when I was growing in my girlfriend’s basement to get off opiates.
Learning about supersoil as I was just starting to learn how to grow and was using a 3-part hydro passive rez.

I came back when I got booted from Growmore

There used to be a member at 1.0 with the signature that said thc hunter, and that inspired me to create my first handle at Skunk Mag and ICMag - THCVhunter.
I think the member may have actually been e.T

3 Likes

@GrowTheAtlas my ten year hiatus… I had some thyroid problems and most GPs (PCPs) don’t fully understand thyroid and they only test blood for tsh instead of testing half a dozen things to get a full picture. My doctor put me on synthetic t4 but because my tsh didn’t come down he kept upping the dose. For 3 years. Now I’m massively over medicated on t4, feel worse than ever with depression and anxiety through the roof but none of the t4 is getting converted to t3 (which is mostly what the body uses) so I have no energy. It was the epitome of tired-but-wired. Then I thought having a smoke might help the anxiety and it just sent me over the edge. Instant white out.

Much better now, thyroid sorted and feel like I’ve got my life back.

5 Likes

Was told by a good buddy I was messing up not being on OG, and homie was right! I spent my first month or so just endlessly reading threads, and the amount of really solid genetic information is unmatched. Not to mention all the nice folks with the shared vision of preservation.

It really blows my mind how great work being done by so many badass growers on here. Vs reddit or whatever that has seemed to been overtaken by companies making fake accounts promoting autoflowers or whatever brand(talking to you buildasoil and seedsman, theyre shameless about the fake accounts) instead of just making a product they can stand behind. Well and workers at legal grows doing thinly veiled commercials for their boof lol

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow @Bert . A few people have said to me that the more you put in the more you’ll get out. This seems to be very true of OG so I hope you stick around we can all become beneficial contributors.

4 Likes

When I started growing, I got a book. I don’t remember which. It recommended OG with a link. The link didn’t work. A while later I was looking at the book again. I thought I would try the link again. It worked! I have been a member on OG 2 ever since. The link didn’t work at first because version 1 was “raided” shut down and version 2 was just getting off the ground.

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Back in the day way way back in the day I went to the original one because I was looking for mushroom spores. Used to be a dude named ralph spore or some s*** like that. Then I got addicted to all the pretty buds and doing exactly what I wanted to be doing in my free time lol

1 Like

A friend got me on it

2 Likes

I’ve been into canna since the early 90s, but cultivation came when I was entrepreneur in the late 90s. I appreciated cannabis for all its differences, smells and effect though at the time I could barely use as I can be a couch locked fool quite easily.

I like many of you I’m sure thought it was a beautiful plant and found a affinity for it and as the years went on and cultivation stopped for a time when lifestyle changes were needed the love for the plant layed there dormant but not forgotten.

Fast forward to legalization in Canada and I was in a different place in life with family growing with me and I can now grow what I love and share my appreciation. Since then I’ve buried myself in all things canna with videos, podcast a plenty on the history, cultivation, and effect.

Then I heard about OG on a couple podcasts and thru a good friend. I just lurked for awhile then finally started to comment and learn more. It’s a great feeling being able to interact and ask questions from very able and passionate growers at all times of the day. This is an exceptional community and I’ve found a place to dig my toes in and settle.

Sorry for the long winded rant just came out that way :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That sounds absolutely awful, I’m very glad you’re back in action :muscle:t2:

1 Like