How to convince family members you live with to grow indoors?

Tell her its cbd. No thc, hence no drugs. Is an outside shed/garage an option ? Out of sight out of mind.

2 Likes

How often does she enter your room?
If never then just grow it in your room and grow strains you know don’t smell, or smell like fruit.

2 Likes

You mentioned a brother and family who benefits from it. That would be the avenue I would take to gain some indoor space… in his home.

Then continue your outdoor at you and mom’s place.

the outdoor shed/garage suggestion is another good one. That’s where i’m at… my own lil personal space.

5 Likes

start the plan by getting all the equipment you need. grow some veggies or peepers or flowers etc. as a “hobby” tell her your bored want to try new things. eventually toss a plant in and grow it out small and show her it aint so bad.

3 Likes

Tell her the burning bush was weed and moses was a pot head. That should work

3 Likes

Make your own it’s cheaper…

2 Likes

I’d just make the deal of - you won’t smell it or see it and see if she is okay with a trial run

2 Likes

If you live at home depending on how mobile your family members are grow in an area they can’t get to
Attic, basement garage

When my mom was alive she never went into the attic or basement

5 Likes

My argument for growing my own was always this:

If I grow it myself, I know EXACTLY what’s in it. I know it wasn’t treated with any harmful pesticides or cancer causing plant growth regulators. Nah minimal heavy metals as possible (which can accumulate in the plant)

As for indoor vs. outdoor:

I can control the environment. Make sure the buds don’t get moldy (unlike outside). Less likely to have to spray them with pesticides, etc.

It’s also much less visible/noticeable to neighbors indoors. You don’t have to worry about someone robbing your plants or targeting your house.

These days with all the grow tents and cheap carbon filters available, you can do it indoors without anyone being any the wiser. No smell, no light leaking out, etc.

Good luck man! I remember what it was like desperately wanting to be able to grow indoors and not being able to.

But hey, at least worst case you can still do it outdoors! So you can still at least grow your own.

6 Likes

Maybe… you could build a shed? Then it’s outside like your mother wants but still “inside” to hide and control your grow.

4 Likes

I had to convince my wife when va went legal. She not being an older Jewish lady and also not my mother made it much easier than the path I believe you will have.

I would try to bargain. Point out that the costs offset the losses you experience in an outdoor grow. You will also be able to show that with carbon filtration you will not smell the plants unless you open the tent in flower. You could mitigate even that smell with a large carbon filter set up for the room.

The pros list of indoor is much easier to sell to a nonbeliever if sold prior to growing outdoors.

All that being said, I wish you luck in your endeavor and hope you get to start your indoor journal soon!

5 Likes

I’m going to second the suggestion of growing vegetables, herbs whatever you will use, in the tent first.

This way, your mother will see the whole set up in action minus the drug part.
She will probably appreciate the literal fruits of your labor. Homegrown anything is almost guaranteed better than store bought.

It will also become something she gets used to seeing. See it every day, it becomes part of the house.

This is a longer term approach but also incorporates respect for your mother’s ideas.

It may blossom into a couple of tents after she tastes those tomatoes :wink:

Edit: Seems for legal grow - In Michigan, anyone 21 and over can cultivate up to 12 marijuana plants for personal use iinside a locked, enclosed facility.
You may make her aware of this stipulation but I caution you, it could go the other way. She may freak out and not want them outdoors or indoors. Roll the dice.

7 Likes

Bribe her… I’m running out of ideas sorry :disappointed:

As others have mentioned I would approach it from a security of medicine mindset

Is your medicine secure outdoors? No

Can anybody see it? Yes

Is the quality of your medicine guaranteed year around? No

Do the police or strangers need a warrant to see outdoor plants? No

Out of sight, out of mind. “Inside the house” vs “out of sight”

2 Likes

Also it’s important to approach it as an open dialogue or people will feel defensive and double down

3 Likes

Sit them down on the couch and yell at them until they submit.

7 Likes

@Foreigner

YOU THOUGHT I WAS LOCKED HERE IN WITH YOU? YOURE LOCKED IN HERE… WITH ME! SMOKE THIS REEFER.

4 Likes

See how intimidating it is? Perfect.

3 Likes

Yeah rorschach is a huge role model. Can’t go wrong. Especially the not showering.

2 Likes

I don’t ever shower as an homage

2 Likes