What can I store pH down in?

I have a giant bottle of pH down that is a pain to measure small amounts from. I put a small amount in a glass mason jar for day to day use, but now the lid is disintegrating…I guess from the acid fumes? Is there something cheap and safe I can store this phosphoric acid in?

Thanks!

4 Likes

I bought 2 bottles, first a small one that was used on the daily to fill the syringe with(more expensive per litre) and a large one that I could refill it with.
Only done it like this so everything was labelled.
But to answer…
Any small plastic bottle will do, nothing with metal.

5 Likes

I use an old 100 ml e liquid bottle. It allows more control :+1:

6 Likes

Perfect! and 20 and 20 more

3 Likes

I use the washed out old plastic bottles that my 90% ISO comes in. Better than throwing them away, orange color kind of lets you know its not the original liquid.

3 Likes

I use an old visine container! Same difference…super convenient to dial the h2o ph perfectly!

7 Likes

man that is fucking DOPE!

I spend money on pipettes and they dont last and drip and harder to use, visine is smaller and drips come out less, I love this!

Reminds me of days of OG past when each time I come in knowledge dropped like cartoon safe on the head.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Lemon juice does the same thing

1 Like

Nice, I just assumed it would eat plastic. The bottle it came in is a weird type that I can’t find on other containers. Gonna use an old ejuice bottle for easy dripping…sweet, thanks all

2 Likes

Yep, you gotta love the simple and effective solutions that stoners come up with lol

2 Likes

I buy a pack of 6 of these off amazon, they’re cheap too.

7 Likes

Been using this visine container for a few years now…no signs of degradation.

4 Likes

I use plastic coke bottles, anything in foodgrade plastic will store phosphoric acid just fine.

2 Likes

Plastic of any kind won’t be affected by acids. All the acid pipe in chem plants and power plants is all plastic. Doesn’t need to be food grade to not get eaten up by the acid

2 Likes

I just add a tiny swish to a bigger container and fill it with some water. Makes it much more diluted and don’t have to sit there dropping one drop at a time.

1 Like

Saved this from some CBD oil a while ago but was scared to use it because of the plastic. Should be perfect, you guys have saved me alot of time…again lol

3 Likes

sorry to derail but this whole thread reminds me of a mitch hedberg bit each time I see it:

“I would imagine the inside of a bottle of cleaning fluid is fuckin clean!” -Mitch

2 Likes

“Escalator is temporarily stairs”

1 Like