The Leaking Bottle Scam

Everywere in the world liquids are packed in bottles…with caps that allow you to open and close it without spillage but…
The nute companies invented a new type of cap that looks like a safety cap, child proof but in reality is equipped with a tiny piece of paper that when the bottle is new it doesent leak but once you open it you will never be able to seal the bottle or jug properly , allowing you to make a huge mess when shaking, hence wasting product and ensure that the content get ruined reducing YOUR shelf life…so you can buy more…
If is a fertilizer…it will leak…
just made another mess shaking the fucking storage solution for the ph pen… :joy: :joy:
The more the time pass and the more is difficult to keep track of the scams and rippoff of the Clowns industry…hahahah

17 Likes

that’s a gasket & if you keep it in place(when possible) or make your own (:roll_eyes:) then problem = solved. :nerd_face:

vitamins & medicines, food, anything…

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

The real scam is the lids that require you to buy a special tool to open. Nah I just pry the lid off with my mighty strength (and some pliers).

I put all my nutes into bottles that have rubber seals anyway, pouring out of those canna bottles is such a PITA and leak everywhere because that foil seal doesnt fully come off so it disrupts the flow…

11 Likes

then use powder

6 Likes

Yessir!..former organic grower now i went full powdered salt…and looking to go coco
always hated bottled nutes but still i have a couple things around…like the ph adjusters…the pen stuff…etc…
:laughing:
yeah…they provide a paper gasket!!!Cmon!!!.A Paper gasket!!!And why da hell they dont make it with rubber or whatever material that doesent need a hack!..i mean…some others manage to bottle successfully their product…but some…no… :thinking:
Some are corrosive materials…they ruin things…no reason to go cheap on the gasket…
Whatevs…lemme go back to work i have still a fuckton of gasket to carve out :rofl:

7 Likes

I’ve had that happen many times, It’s frustrating.

We need to shake the nute bottles, but when you do, it gets everywhere… :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

Some brands are worse than others. All of the Canna bottles I used leaked like hell when shaken, it was the main reason I stopped using them. I’ve had good luck with Dyna Gro bottles not leaking at all.

If they do leak I put my nutrients into HDPE containers.

These ones by Nalgene come in many sizes and can hold pH down and up without issues for years:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001OPMG52?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

If they come in real big bottles I put my nutrients into smaller bottles so they are easier to shake and refill them from the big bottles when it’s time.

5 Likes

You could always just switch to organic growing. The only liquid I use is FulPower. The cap stays pretty tight on that bottle :grinning:

7 Likes

and that is the one that leaks at the rim on me. Fulvex lol

1 Like

Another tip is to seal your leak-ier bottles with a few wraps of electrical tape; I had to do this for liquid dyes being shipped with bolts of silks & rarely if ever had an issue. :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I’m with you! Only liquid I use is Alaskan fish emulsion. Dr. Earth gifted me some organic liquid concentrates but I haven’t played with them much. The one time I did I had burned tips. They aren’t lying when they say concentrated!

3 Likes

Understand your frustration. This is now turned into a pretty cool thread on some solutions. Party on animals!

Even with the powders there’s ability for spillage. I can’t get my diatomaceous earth bag to close worth a damn.

I do think the powders get a better bang for your buck. One of my buddies suggested Nature’s living soil.

2 Likes

They sell the DE in a plastic jar at Tractor Supply

2 Likes

I don’t seem to have a problem pouring my pHdown or Urban Farm fertilizer, but the CaliMagic bottle simply sucks! It doesn’t pour well and leaves a disgusting mess. I should transfer the contents to a container with a real spout and tight seal, but was wondering if another brand would have better packaging for next time I restock.

Haven’t the manufacturers received enough complaints to do something about this issue? I can’t imagine that fixing the problem would add much cost - esp. compared to losing a customer altogether.

1 Like

I just cover the bottle cup with a rag and shake it baby … cool1|nullxnull

giphy (5)

3 Likes

I got mine at Blain’s Farm & Fleet. They didn’t have it in the jar. Do you know offhand if it’s a plastic or glass jar?

1 Like