What do stoners eat? šŸ“ (Part 3)

that looks amazing

5 Likes

looks & sounds delishissā€¦tongue :yum:

itĀ“s not burittos,is it? we donĀ“t got that kind o food over here(at least in my area) ,would like to try it

3 Likes

Ya they are lengua, or cow tongue street tacos. I used to get them at Mexican street trucks, now Iā€™m frequenting a spot that does it up!. They are really good, and for the 11 sollar price for 3 itā€™s killer.

4 Likes

looks like,we need more mexican food trucks over here!!

4 Likes

Does cow tongue have a taste that is distinctive from other beef cuts?

1 Like

tongue always taste like tongue,no matter what animal

2 Likes

I need to try it. Tongue is rarely consumed where Iā€™m from.

4 Likes

no carpā€¦no tongue, where youĀ“re from,for gods sake
:wink:

4 Likes

You have a great memory (carp).

I come from Shreveport, Louisiana. The buckle of the Bible belt.

Is bimodal regarding food. One group is pretty uptight, a real meat and potatoes group.

The other is highly influenced by cajun food. A lot of spicy crawfish and shrimp. Red beans and rice. Etoufee and gumbo.

Some subcultures have more ethnically oriented foods. Pigs heads, chitterlings, etc.

Very few food trucks.

Thatā€™s why I love this thread! People eat such interesting and delicious looking meals that would have never occurred to me. Itā€™s easy to get stuck in a food rut.

6 Likes

Gumbo, beans & rice and crawfish at Bay St. Louisā€¦ :heart_eyes:

Nothing wrong with the food in your ā€˜neck of the woodsā€™ā€¦ :+1:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

would like to taste the cajun and southern cuisine tooā€¦sounds/looks soo yummy(as seen on tv :wink: )

3 Likes

I think it tastes better, but I like regular cuts as well.

Itā€™s wonderful! Shreveport has excellent food, believe it or not, Monjunies has the best Italian Iā€™ve ever eaten.

Itā€™s just that the food culture isnā€™t really inventive. Awesome stuff, but little is unique.

3 Likes

That looks SO good!! :yum:

1 Like

Itā€™s a BBQ Wrapā€¦ a Southern thing!!!

3 Likes

When cooked right, tongue is like some of the best, leanest roast beef you ever hadā€¦Beef Heart too! :yum:.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s saying it.

1 Like

I concurā€¦

3 Likes

That sounds amazing. I literally had no idea!

2 Likes

Yes, I think it does have its own taste, distinctive from other muscles, but I think the textural difference is even more pronounced. Tongue has a texture thatā€™s all its own. Different than other muscles and organs.

I ate a lot of tongue when I was a kid, but not in tacos. When we had it, which Iā€™m guessing was maybe once or twice a month, it was served as the meat course for our evening meal. It was inexpensive and my family all liked it.

5 Likes