What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

7 Likes

We went out last night for pizza to Tony’s Neopoltana in San Francisco. They make a wide variety of pizzas at a bunch of different temperatures in several different kinds of ovens. Thankfully, we got there fairly early, about 5:30 and got seated immediately, before the place got jam packed. By the time we left, there was a line out the door.

We ate outdoors. Their outdoor seating includes both tables and chairs on the sidewalk (old school) and seating in boxes constructed on the street where there used to be parking spaces. Tony’s is on a corner, one side being on a hill. When you sit inside the restaurant, the floors and tables are level. Outside, not so much, and I think it feels even more exaggerated in one of the boxes. You can see how much the street drops in the water glass. We weren’t concerned anything would slide off the table, and it’s not as extreme as some places we’ve been (and perhaps you too!), but still, it was fun.

I went for the double roasted garlic bread with marinara, nduja and agave/garlic. It’s the best garlic bread I’ve ever had. No kidding, and the agave/garlic dipping sauce… Unbelievable! Of all the things I’ve tried on their menu, it’s hands down my favorite!

I also ordered their Manhattan calzone with mozzarella, garlic, sliced meatballs and ricotta. I ordered it deep fried. I’d never had a calzone that was deep fried. Not a big hit at our table. I don’t think I would have liked it any better had I chosen the baked option. Also served with marinara sauce (which is delish!).

The main event was the New Yorker, in the Coal Fired section, topped with sliced mozzarella, hand crushed tomato sauce, cup & char pepperoni, sliced italian fennel sausage, calabrese sausage, ricotta, chopped garlic & oregano. It’s cooked in a coal fired oven at 1000ºF and is 19-20". Fucking delicious! And the bone was so amazing!

Two hungry little piggies before dinner. Mrs. mota’s arms are too short to get my entire beard in the shot. lol (1)

And a little cold snack this afternoon. Pretty good!

19 Likes

Sounds a like a great day! Those watermelon marks look suspicious though :thinking::laughing:

4 Likes

Aawww what a pair of cuties!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::green_heart:

2 Likes

It was a really lovely day! Not being the driver, however, remains an interesting proposition.

No kidding. Cut the dang melon in half and that’s what I found! I couldn’t believe it! :wink:

Yep, I loves dat woman so much! She keeps me young. :+1:

8 Likes

Well yea , …:rofl:You’re the best @mota

5 Likes

Air fried chicken quarter and bacon fried rice…delish foks.

12 Likes

10 Likes

Grilled it this morning at 6am before it got too hot and humid outside…

10 Likes

12 Likes

Outta likes.

Whatcha got there? Jelly, sausage and egg sandwich on whole wheat toast? Looks interesting.

2 Likes

Add in some fried potatoes and baked beans and thats a hell of a meal

11 Likes

yeah. not a sandwich, separate. but still tasty. i haven’t had grape jelly in a while, i think i’ll have to make a PB&J later.

1 Like

Ah yes, the classic choke and slide!

1 Like

peanut butter, banana, jam, and mayo on lightly toasted / buttered whole wheat…

You can thank me later! :yum: :blush:

2 Likes

no way, sounds gross. :+1:

1 Like

xwi2Y3G

1 Like

1 Like

Tell Elvis that!!! :wink:

2 Likes

why do you think he was on his way to the toilet when he died?, ::laughing:

1 Like