What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Yes you are very right about this. In French it’s tu/vous in Spanish it’s tu/usted so the idea is not totally foreign to me but der die den is something I’m struggling with.

And gender. I made the same complaint about French. Why is a toaster feminine? Fuck if I know. English is not like this.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

we got male Toasters :laughing: Der Toaster
Der Mond(Moon) is male too,in spain the say Luna,what is Feminin

3 Likes

Ich spreche gut franzosich und ein bisschen Spanish so these things are not totally unusual to me but it is different and a bit difficult.

To an Anglo, German is a bit weird because at first glance you look at a sentence and it looks like you should understand it, but then you double check and it makes no sense :joy:

3 Likes

ich spreche leider kein(oder nur wenig) france oder espaniol,and i forgot the most of the russian from back then in school

1 Like

Interesting that you learn Russian in school. French is a hot commodity in Canada because of Quebec but it’s controversial. I went to a French only school for many years. Being bilingual (which I’m not) is a big advantage for things like federal jobs and knowing which poutine you want to order.

3 Likes

There is actually a French-Canadian keyboard layout which is common on many laptops sold in retail stores in Canada.

They are a curse and a pain to type with.

Most people use a 104 key QWERTY.

Also, peanut punch.

5 Likes

Unpopular opinion: peanut punch is just extra extra creamy peanut butter.

Never seen that before. Is it good?

2 Likes

It’s like a peanut butter milkshake, and it’s fantastic.

Check the Caribbean section at the super market.

1 Like

Umlaut is Alt+129 in ASCII - ü :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On a Mac you can simply hold down the letter key for a moment. This displays the diacritical options for that letter.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 9.57.05 AM

3 Likes

What is the “a” second from the right with the degree symbol above it? Can’t recall having seen that before. The rest of them I know but not that one.

For the life of me I can’t recall it’s name, but I do know I’ve seen it “in use.”

I think it represents a vowel shift, but I’m not positive.

1 Like

To stay on topic, the internal temperature of Foreigner’s steak was 145°F (62.8°C) Alt+248

2 Likes

Are you just guessing or making a judgement based in colouration?

(Either way you are correct)

If they were better steaks I would have gone lower but I wasn’t sure how much trust I had in them.

1 Like

ja,back then beyond the iron curtain we all had russian in school,like chemics,math or physics…english was a “you can choose” thing and i choosed it.

4 Likes

A very practical choice. :+1:

4 Likes

Lol, peanut punch always followed a joke abut the capital of Thailand :scream:

3 Likes

Internal recommended temperature by the FDA for medium, rare is 145°F here in the states. I was guessing you were close to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

20230714_125705

8 Likes