What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

I switched from any ketchup to Sriracha decades ago.
too. damned. sweet.
I’ve read that there was more sugar in a tablespoon of ketchup than a typical chocolate chip cookie… why??

Cheers
G

6 Likes

Tri-tip on the grill. Brown sugar, garlic, paprika, cayenne chili rub.

20 Likes

That’s the biggest piece of broccoli I’ve ever seen.

It’s bigger than the biscuit!

1 Like

That would be some crazy sweet ketchup. Maybe a tiny cookie or something. I think the sugar content in bottled ketchup and sriracha are similar. Sriracha is usually a tsp serving, but ketchup is a tbsp.

2 Likes

Nice hunk a meat @Sasquatch love a good tri tip and that one looks goooooood. Outta likes so :heart:

1 Like

Bubba kush Cannabutter Scampi Sauce w Dinner & Strawberry Squares Cake Also With Cannabutter for dessert :man_cook:t2:

18 Likes

16 Likes

Wow, Sriracha is 1gm per teaspoon! I guess the heat is covering the sweet.
Ketchup is 33% higher, I think the point is, they have added a lot more sugar to everything since I was a kid… :sweat_smile: said every boomer… but it is true…

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Unsweetened tea with pomegranate juice.

1 Like

Big foot! Nice looking.

Yeah it’s in everything more, because it’s addictive. Same with milk they are constantly adding more sugar to it so kids will want to drink more of it, soon it will have the same sugar content as a can of soda.

The only time I use ketchup is on my chips, I might try some sriacha and see what it’s like.

2 Likes

Last nights meal was home made veggy burger and cauliflower and cheese with mashed potatoes.

12 Likes

Ketchup and many other things are easy to make on your own and control the sugar content of.

3 Likes

I tried to fry a fish filet but I failed, it fell apart…but it didn’t go to waste folks…so I decided to make fish tacos and I think it was a success…

San Marzano tomatoes topped w/cheese, onions, jalapenos and bacon bits…

19 Likes

@Prince look up top. Looks delicious.

Damn you and your air fryer, @PhilCuisine! That looks so freakin’ delicious, and not just because that avocado looks so perfectly ripe!

An excellent menu alteration in mid-flight! :yum:

3 Likes

Hope this helps you make up your mind about getting a small air fryer…bacon wrapped shrimps, very simple to make and good eats folks…

16 Likes

Grilled pepperoni and cheese.

21 Likes

I went down to one of the middle Eastern markets to get more Turkish delight. I found out that the store is, indeed, Turkish, and the delight is imported from Turkey.

I bought, L>R, top row - rose water, sliced pistachio orange hazelnut; middle row - lemon coconut hazelnut, rose petal pomegranate; bottom row - pineapple pistachio, puffed chocolate rice pomegranate

The fancy ones are really good, but I think my favorite is “plain” rose water. Loved that stuff when I was a kid, and I still love it!

Tonight’s dinner was a take-out burger. It was okay. Just okay, for $23 fucking dollars. Should have been far better. Sigh.

The Turkish delight was just under $8 and far superior in taste relative to the burger.

15 Likes

Omg, now I gotta go find something to get me my sugar fix!

Just finished this chicken pot pie bake.

Yes, I’m eating out of a Mickey Mouse bowl, lol.

14 Likes