What do stoners eat? 🍴 (Part 3)

Oh hellz yeah!
I just found an apple fritter that my amazing wife musta picked up from one of our favorite bakery’s in town today

13 Likes

16 Likes

Jamas :greece:

17 Likes

Nice, I hope you had a good one and didn’t stumbled so drunk out of the restaurant :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I hit the wall at 1 1/2 donuts…

11 Likes

Simple nothing fancy, just cooked whatever I had in the fridge…

Shishitos and tater tots topped w/pepper jack cheese air fried of course…

I don’t know if I can wait till Christmas, I might have to open it up and use it next week when I’m off for 4 days in a row…

11 Likes

That place looks like a true delight!
I’d def get the rosewater, hazelnut choc blackberry or raspberry, the fig and date would be on my list too.
Sorry about the overpriced burger scam, there’s more and more of that rolling around nowadays. Rarely do I find a burger above $13 worth the squeeze. I also make delicious burgers so it’s hard to beat.

1 Like

Chuck

18 Likes

Last night’s supper, I didn’t make it but I ate it…a little over cooked but it was still very good…took a small portion home for more fish tacos for lunch today.

14 Likes

21 Likes

We made a blueberry & lemon poppy cake with a strusel toping and a blackcurrant and cream cheese glaze drizzled over the top.

18 Likes

That looks delicious.

Be careful though, poppy seeds will make you fail a drug test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice day outside!
:older_man::owl::sunglasses:

13 Likes

I hit the Turkish delight store again the other day. As it turns out, the name of the market is actually The Middle East Market. Guess that makes me okay to call it that. :slight_smile: This trip I actually “toured” both isles of the store. Some unusual items, at least for me.

First up is what I bought in terms of delight and baklava. Left side is sliced pistachio orange hazelnut below and dried sour cherry pistachio above. Right side, top to bottom, strawberry milk coconut, coconut lemon milk, and cinnamon apple milk.

On the left is a mussel baklava, on the right 4 rose water Turkish delight.

This is just a close up of the dried sour cherry pistachio. I think it’s particularly attractive with all the confetti stuck to its sides!

Apricots are my favorite fruit, and they originated in the area that is now Turkey, so I couldn’t pass up the apple apricot fruit leather. I also like strawberries, so what the hell I thought.

And finally some sour cherry jam. I bought it mostly for an old buddy who I expect will be visiting in the not too distant future. He loves sour cherry.

And a few things I didn’t buy.

13 Likes

Tell me more about that!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

It’s really “just” baklava that’s been wrapped a different way, with the philo’s edges exposed rather than the flat surface. The store sells several patterns (eg, squares, triangles, etc.) or, as with the mussel baklava, the philo dough is wrapped around the pistachio filling in a different way.

In addition to baklava in the case, they also sell maybe three dozen kinds/brands/sizes.

They also sell rock candy on a stick, something I don’t see around here much. I used to see it all the time when I was a kid, but not on a stick.

5 Likes

Had a craving for fried zucchini. So I went out to the garden and found me a young one.

I ate most of it while I was pan frying them though.
This is all that made it to my plate of air fried chicken wings, lol.

12 Likes

Wood fire grilled chicken, smoked gouda, fresh tomato, avacado, garlic aoli, and a lil siracha. Forgot the bacon but still yum!

14 Likes

Blackberry, Rasberry, Strawberry Pie with a layer of cream cheese on the bottom :drooling_face:

20 Likes

good thing they pitted that sour cherry jam lol
Im glad to see you got your rose water fix this time, for now :grin:

1 Like