What growing information is most difficult to find?

I wanted some inspiration for future content and FAQs and wanted to ask you for your insight.

Is there some information that you need in your growing endeavours difficult to find?

To contribute myself to the topic - I consider hard to find info about medical uses of strains for particular illness diagnoses. I’m sure that there is intensive research in progress and I’ve probably just missed its findings.

4 Likes

Heres 1 for you Joe, I always used to get asked when working with other people all the time.

" How much will we get from each plant?"

Answer, How longs a peice of string !

6 Likes

A friend of mine Richard Jones now head of research and developemnet at Hydrogarden shared a written paper with me over 20 years ago now.

This paper had been written about how the exact amounts a plant can process, it factored in things like the type of plant, the amount of medium and type, the amount of lumens and feeds etc to see what the optimum results could be acheived by a plant to photsynthesis.

I cant remember much about it in great detail now, it was used as part of his dissitation for his horticulture degree, the same guy has the world record for the largest hydroponically grown banana plant, achieved while he worked for another hydroponic manufacturer.

But basically there is a formula for the amount of medium/area and light or lumens/area and lumens/food lumens/co2 it was a very in depth paper not written by my friend but had quotes from it in his own dissitaiton. So the details and formulas and findings are out there published.

7 Likes

basically what to put in the soil to make them thrive; and how to read the plants to see what they need.

2 Likes

I like to watch guys like Grand Master Level on youtube to see new techniques and experiments in practice and theory.
Here’s the latest episode of his show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKRAUZNyF54

2 Likes

Bump

This topic still needs your input :slight_smile: thx

3 Likes

In my opinion the most difficult info to find would be Auto-flowering guides for noobs. It seems if you wanna grow Autos, you need to do trial and error like back in the day… IMHO.

2 Likes

Topdressing for organic soil: what, why, when, how much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@LemonadeJoe

This a great topic, however, I believe that the Overwhelming participation in this Over-the-Top Site somewhat deflates the topic.

With the experienced growers and accumulating body of information, anything one needs is merely a question away. This site will become the CannaPedia of the Internet!

OverGrow more!

1 Like

Automatic top off aka ATO… the methods and importance of topping off those reservoirs…

4 Likes

information you learn from personal experience. :wink: lol

1 Like

I thought that stuff found me, lol.

1 Like