What is going on here?

Hey, what’s up everyone? I hope everyone is well.

So, I have this issue here, and this is the only one this bad, but I do see this on leaves throughout my entire grow. I’ve never seen this before. Hoping someone can shed some light on what may be happening here.

Genetics: Purple Gelato
Breeder: Unknown
Nutrients: Athena
PPM: 15-1600
pH: 5.8
Environment: Indoor controlled
Temp: 80 degrees
Humidity: 50%
Stage: 5th week of flower
Media: Coco/Perlite 70/30

4 Likes

Are they on hydro? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes

Coco I forgot to add that.

1 Like

Try to get a reading of the pH in your medium. Either run off or slurry test will do . Also check the ppm of your run off.

2 Likes

i know athena runs higher EC wise, but have you run it at the levels your running, looks like overfeed possible build up issues

4 Likes

What’s your watering schedule like?

Can’t let that beautiful coco get dry, else it traps salts in geode like pockets. Extra hard to flush too.

4 Likes

Normal fade!

2 Likes

Feeding schedule is everyday since flower.

Over feed is my initial thought.

2 Likes

I’m using Athena pro line right now. Running at 3ec. How much run off are are you getting after watering? what size pots? If you’re in flower once a day watering is going to dry out the coco too much especially if youre in a smaller pot. Dry backs are absolutely fine as long as it’s not bone dry otherwise youll burn the plants. Perlite is also going to aide in drying so if you plan to do less frequent watering ditch the perlite next run. hope you get it sorted!

4 Likes

5-gallon fabric pots. I water until I see runoff, then I stop. I don’t check runoff.

1 Like

Coco in fabric pots dry out faster then plastic ones. It looks like overfeeding/buildup to me. Thats my 2 cents atleast :v:t2:

Pz my growmie🙏🏻

4 Likes

Much appreciated!

2 Likes

ya some kind of weird salt buildup or something is likely. if possible feed with your regular solution next time (or a bit weaker) and a ton runoff. like if it takes 4L for them to start dripping out the bottom then run 8L through them to clear the old shit out

2 Likes

@AbbyNormalfade
When you have a momen please make your way over to the Introduce yourself section of OG . We would love to hear from ya over there :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I would flush it with something like Bushdoctor Sledgehammer. It works wonders for me I do it every 3 or 4 weeks I just add it right into my micro nutes after a good watering of plain water. I also add 1/2 TBS of molasses per gallon of my nute feed once a week in coco

1 Like

I think people worry about PH to much. I add pure dolomite lime powder to my coco/peat/perlite 1TBS per gallon and I don’t PH anything. My tap comes out 7.0 tho. Foxfarm is PH’d at 6.5. Try uping your PH to 6.5 I feed sometimes twice a day Peace

1 Like