What is that? Strange tops on cuttings

Hello fellas,

My friend has a problem for a little more than a week now and we can’t seem to figure it out. These are rooted cuttings in lightmix.

Pictures:

The tops look odd, very thin leaves, strange structure. Not all plants are affected, around 50% I think.

What is that?

Thanks in advance for chiming in :wave:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about it…it actually looks good bromigo.

7 Likes

Should be fine give them time to adjust

2 Likes

If they are sort of contorted it can be russet or broad mites :anguished:, tell him to snap a leave and check the back with a scope, you cannot see them naked eye, hope I’m wrong but better to discard it … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

That’s my first thought as well. They love that new growth and that’s pretty much what it looked like when I had them this spring.

3 Likes

In my experience, sometimes more sativa looking plants with finger leaves just look off when they’re first growing. If they’re looking normal after a few days wouldn’t sweat it. Sometimes they just look like mutants.

1 Like

It could be that, or could be too much P.
Note the burnt leaf tips.

if you find no bugs, that would be my guess.

1 Like

Hey guys, thanks for the input! No russet mites, that’s for sure. :sweat_smile:

Just a heads up here.
P = Phosphorus

1 Like

I’m gonna have a look tonight, see what’s the deal today. It’s plain lightmix and they just received water as far as I know. We’ll see.

Thanks growmigos!

1 Like

As soon as I read russet mites I freaked for you lol Thank God, horrors, lil freaking horrors.

2 Likes