Stripping of leaves

Wtf? No bugs present, watering has been everyday. 3inch pots dryout quickly…

Dna tangie regs in dr earth pot of gold soil.
Gave 1/4 strength nutes when second set of leaves showed…

Point here is its either going to be cells chloroplasts maybe being effected by the daily watering possibly ph too. Not sure…there ARE NO BUGS.lol dont ask…

2 Likes

if you wouldn’t have said no bugs I would have said thrips. the top leaf even looks to have a thrip. but,

2 Likes

Not sure what the problem is, but if it was bugs, it would’t dry out so quickly. Flyin’ fuckers eat so much root material, that the plant can’t absorb water.

Have you checked for salt content in your soil or water. I never used peat pots because I read somewhere salt is an occasional problem in them.

It seems to be all or partially root related. Try this product I found. It is an excellent additive for roots that you put in the water and use it every time you feed. It is referred to as a “root inoculant”
https://www.botanicare.com/products/hydroguard/
It is available many places including Amazon and eBay. What it actually is is a beneficial bacteria. It eats dead root material and promotes vigorous root growth. The healthier the roots are, the prettier the plant will be.

1 Like

Hydrogaurd already there…dr earth pot of gold soil is used from seedling to death.

Ro water and cal mag as well. Im thinking if it were thrips
I’d see them on top or underneath. It is just a seedling though the pupae could be dwelling in soil… we will see what happens…i did cut with a 100% peat product to see if the seedlings would establish faster in a less nutritive soil…seems they’re about the same… so maybe something caught a ride in that other mix…i have 4 in seedlings looking great!

Could this be a water pressue in the tissue fluctuation problem? I have heard if plant cells lose and recieve water to much they basically blow up. Causing a problem that seems very similar…