What should i do to get temps up in led grow

I used a cheap $20 electric heater from walmart, and it got my tent temps from 73 up to about 78. I just put it in the lung room rather than in the tent, and let the exhaust pull the warmer air into the tent.

1 Like

I have the same problem with led temps and lack of heat, i can’t turn up my light sufficiently for bleaching the plants in the earlier stages.

So for early veg i use T5s, when they move into the flower tent i mix hid with led.

When they get on a bit and i can turn up the power i then swap to all led.

I paid a fortune for lights then couldn’t use them as i needed.

When you can get your light turned up it will give out plenty heat.

1 Like

I answer this one by growing only in the winter when my heat is on, and the tents are next to the furnace and water heater. Roll with your environment through the seasons as possible and try to plan your big growing in the optimal season for climate that you don’t have to modify, if that’s possible for you.

6 Likes

With the price of electricity in the UK now i was planning on winding down for the winter, to run a 720w light i need 1.1 kwh with fans, dehumidifiers etc and electricity has went up 100% since the start of the year.

Hid still has its place in the northern countries in winter.

2 Likes

I live in a place with some of the highest electricity costs in the US, so my growing is heavily oriented towards not paying for any more kilowatt-hours than I have to at 30¢ per. That’s meant the most efficient LEDs only, not using environmental controls other than ventilation from the lung room and maybe this winter from outside air to cool the tent in late flower. I ran heat and humidifiers on my first grow and while it was still cheaper than the dispensary it cost waaaaay too much to be sustainable on my income. Now, growing this way, I usually am pulling about 6-700 watts max on both tents, including all light fixtures fans and controllers. If I added a heater and humidifier/dehuey I’d expect to double that, which would both be running my circuit harder than I’d like to but mostly would just be expensive. By rolling with the ambient as much as possible I get the cheapest way to grow my own bud and also be able to afford to give a bunch away, which is important to me. I will say that there are limits to this, and that I saw it last year when I ran a last cycle late into the summer after the heat turns off and the humidity down there goes way up from 50% to 80%. I made it through without mold, but the terpene and frost expression on a clone from the previous run showed that it was all wrong for making the kind of buds I like. If I ever do thst again I’ll choke down the cost and run some dehumidifiers and even a little AC at the end of flower for the quality.

5 Likes

My tent is right by my central air unit with vent open… heat kicks in… does ok… if a 50 °f day… not so much… struggles… I don’t like the ups and downs… would like an even temp… as far as warm water… it will add humidity and cause fans to kick on even more… no go

1 Like

I use seedling mats to keep temps up in a small room. They dont use much elec, and can be dialed down or set on a timer. I run my mats 15 minutes on, 15minutes off. Keeps my room warm in the winter, 80, ya I will never see 80 :wink:

2 Likes