What was your first festival/ concert? And why was it memorable?

Another thing I loved about festivals was there was basically a community of people all around you trading and bartering different items may it be psychedelics or bud… lots of edibles. I want to go again sometime after this covid crap is over. The non stop live music for three or four days was the best. I miss the melting, it was so much fun.

2 Likes

Shawn Cassidy (I was 8 I think)

But the best was “Reggae on the River” I think 20yrs…first and only but it was nice to check out of reality for a few days. We camped up there before, during and after. I remember we got our tent setup and people starting walking up with killer bud after killer bud for sale. That’s when I checked out…

5 Likes

I never made it but friends did & the stories… :astonished: people stuck on a rock mid-river(because it was LAVA), naked classmate hanging from tree, shitting self & making monkey sounds, etc.

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

YES!!!’

I was baked off a bunch of stuff and while walking back to camp I passed an RV and their American flag looked cool so I stood there and watched it until some guy walked out and ask if I needed anything. I said that’s a cool flag and continued on my way. I think I stood there for 10-15mins.

Naked hippie chicks everywhere

5 Likes

First proper festival was Ozzfest Ireland (where Ozzy cancelled).
Great day even though I had a broken leg at the time.

4 Likes

Snoop Dogg when i was 14… went alone, got high with the crowd, it was amazing!

5 Likes

Gotta love them naked hippie chick’s, most chill people ever… and always so kind :wink:

1 Like

Scorpions and Trixter in like 91 Portland Oregon. My two older sisters took me and we ended up going back stage and they eve took us on the busses out back for a walk through pretty cool when you’re 11 years old .

5 Likes

Ozzfest 2004 mountain view, California. Right after we got in, the crowd was doing the wall of death. Such a cool thing to watch even funner participating. I remember walking by a medical tent and there were people inside covered in blood already and the show was just getting started… I was 13-14 at the time and was overwhelmed by all the naked boobs lol, weed being smoked and sold openly.

4 Likes

Right on ive been on a few tour buses 1 time played space invaders on rod stewerts bus met up with moly hatchet morning after a kick ass show where they blew kansas away

4 Likes

saw him at madison square garden

doing diary of a madman :slight_smile: it was epic

6 Likes

I am going to guess i am in the minority. I have never been to a concert. Never really felt like it was something I had to do. But, I am also not a music guy. I do not have much of an artsy side…more of a nuts and bolts guy. :grin:

2 Likes

It took 4 attempts and 3 countries before I got to see him live! Every time he announced a gig, I got a ticket and every time he cancelled. Thought I was cursed but then I finally got to see Black Sabbath in Vancouver.

3 Likes

Right on my second concert was Five Finger Death Punch at the TACOMA dome in 15 I think smoked a lot of hash oil since then.

3 Likes

For me it was Ozzy Bark at the moon tour 1984 in Houston Tx.
I fondly remember some fine pine bud from a friend in Woodlands area. Kick ass 80’s :laughing:

6 Likes

Pine bud is always a really nice type to get ahold of, you don’t so much, or I don’t see it much in the dispensaries.

2 Likes

I got dragged to an older cousins Beatles cover band shows when I was like 12. Nice guy, not super talented. I think he’s in a duran duran cover band now.

2 Likes

Saw that show in maine

Beach Boys 1993 at Shoreline in Mountain View, CA lol :laughing: I was 8 years old

3 Likes

My first one ever, was fucking crazy!

5 Likes