Whats the best forum

i dont want this to offend anyone i know this is the og forum my question is…

whats the best forum for active serious users?..

im not saying its not here… this is is the only one i use
i learned on grass city though ill be honest and then later luike 6-7 years later i found this place when it reopened

1 Like

haha i just realize what the acronym for over grow is

This one is pretty good TBH.

Friendly, knowledgable, helpful people go a long long way to making a forum good.

5 Likes

lol. i guess OG.com at the top of the web page didnt give it away?? its the weed, man

3 Likes

I think your in the right place @Billy sticking it out with OG!

3 Likes

Uhhh… Obviously it’s overgrow.com!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Depends on what you’re definition of ”best” is. Rollitup is the most active. Yet filled with pompous assholes. I do check other sites for shear volume of info. Besides strains and led growing hasn’t really changed in a long time though. So all info is became common knowledge on the most part. So why not learn from people that treat each other with respect n kindness.

15 Likes

That goes a long way with me.

IMO the best forums are the ones that no one knows about with just real deal friends.

An easier question may be, what is the worst.
lol

14 Likes

Basically if you want somewhere to boost your ego rather than sound advice. Go to rollitup. If you want a community of folks who actually take more than just time to help their fellow farmers. Then stick around. You won’t get better than OG imo

10 Likes

OG all day every day forever, I’ve said it a million times and I’ll say it a million more, this is hands down the best sense of community I’ve experienced anywhere. There are hundreds, if not, thousands of knowledgeable, good hearted people here who just want to see you and your garden succeed. That is why it’s called the Over Grow Family!

7 Likes

The old Overgrow, and cannabis world.Was the only reason i ever got a pc.And got online after finding overgrow by chance.On a friends pc once i found it back in 2000 .It was like i had found a home.Where i felt at ease just like sitting in a Dutch coffee shop.I have made some very good friends from there.Who i still see often to this day.So after finding this place back up .Its like feeling back at home again.Esp afetr seeing so many old faces.Its like a blast from the past .This place hands down.Pity we dont have the old Karma system.Instead of this face book likes thing.

9 Likes

Iv’e lurked around most of them for info and laughs but OG was always the best place to lurk by far. I didn’t post on any of them but when this one reappeared i thought f*ck it i’m going to start posting on here this time around. I hope it lasts because i still don’t fancy posting grows anywhere else tbh.

5 Likes

They each have their pros and cons. I only ever posted much on ICMag before here. It has a wealth of knowledge, but the forum software is old and it’s very cliquey.

Grass City has the no-till threads with Clackamass Coots and Mountain Organics. The Bad Kitty Smiles cooking thread is incredible as well as @PSam 's tincture thread.

OG has some of the most open seed trading I have ever been a part of. To me that’s the spirit of OG and why I stay.

7 Likes

none of the other forums ever reached the level of OG, ICmag was good but just doesn’t have much traffic. too much idiocy and gibberish in the other forums IMO.

the question is, will better growers spend the extra minute to post here instead of Instagram. Here is more of a community. IG is more like ego worship IMO, just showing off pictures. Seems shallow to me - no depth to it!

9 Likes

I have an IG with many many cannabis people, companies, and so on but it’s just not user friendly IMO… I guess I just like the set up of forums more…

I used to go on icmag a lot. Now I just go to say hi to friends… Used to be on Mr nice all the time too but lost my login info.

Mr nice has a nice small community as well but no where is like OG… You can’t find the same caliber of people… IG is huge and full of big heads… IC has a bunch of haters and too much bullshit to sift through… OG has great info and amazing people. That’s why this will always be my home forum.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

well the majority has spoken! thanks for all the info guys i appreciate the feed back it was a honest question and im gonna stay put at overgrow and not worry about other sites

5 Likes

Has anyone from here checked out GC much ? I checked out a no-till thread over there and wasn’t to impressed with all the banter going on over there is that common over there? Thought? Opinions?

1 Like