What's your biggest auto outdoor?

Last season I had a couple autos that grew over 6’ tall, usually they don’t get over 4’ and more often than not they are 3’. I’ve bred them to a f3 but they’re double grape x kraken autos. I’m just curious if this happens to anyone else. They still finish very fast and I can get 2 or 3 crops in one Ohio growing season.

This is what they look like late season on the 3rd harvest.

20 Likes

I did a grow indoors that got to 3, 4 & 5 feet. Three feet or less is normal for me.

4 Likes

I have had ghost toof planted direct in the garden be about 5 and a half feet, just under my height.

I guess between 2 and 4 is more common

1 Like

I have a couple of autoflower strains that I am placing outdoors and I’ll try to mention how they faired when they finish in around 70-80 days.

One is Pure Michigan by Twisted Tree and the photos of it on the breeder’s website are from an outdoor grow - which is why she’s outdoors. The other is Beast Mode by Carty and he’d mentioned that it goes beast mode and can get large - so it will also go outside once I get the gender sorted out.

3 Likes

I’d love to grow a Hot Cakes outdoors… Got pretty big inside.

1 Like

I only grow outdoors. This is my first year growing autos.

Perhaps not overly impressive yet.

5 Likes

Autos really like to stretch. You can always backfill in some soil to give it more support.

1 Like

Even when they’re that small?

Thank you.

1 Like

My current grow, I transplanted and backfilled support when they were 3 to 3.5 inches tall. They stretched some more and got another 1" to 1.5" of fill support. And with all that, I still have 3 or 4 plants (out of 18) that need some form of support to keep them off of the ground.

The following link doesn’t necessarily relate to the great outdoors, but it might be useful

1 Like

@mota what kind of soil is that? My autos will look like that in a fertilized soil every time, I have a few going now and they’re like 12 days old and pretty big using the happy frog. I planted in the ground the last 15 years so when I started doing indoor I completely forgot about the fertilized soil, bought some cheap shit at Walmart and it almost killed hundreds of plants that year, I repotted them all and lost a couple but they were good once I got them in happy frog and I add 40% perlite. Never have problems now

1 Like

I’ve used this locally made potting soil for all (HA!) my previous grows (except 1974!). Other than germinating, all of my plants are strictly outdoor. If the new owner of our building gets our backyard squared away, I may build a cold frame to get out of the gate a little quicker next year. Of course, I am also a strong believer in Samuel Celmens admonition to never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after. I’ve found that to be particularly so since I retired. On the other hand, the stroke I had 6+ years ago kind of forces me to keep moving and doing shit if I want to continue to recover, which I do. And damn it, that means doing stuff today, always today. Well, it’s all we’ve got really.

cbc4348bf5cc45cf568c0a2e0cd7a19ec272dd4f_2_375x500

Where’s my bong?

5 Likes

Well hell, I wouldn’t imagine that stuffs too hot for seedlings. Only ever heard good things about it. Must be shitty seeds😅. Outdoor for me is so much easier, indoor is alot of work, im a lazy stoner and I find im impressed at how much I can get done when weed plants are involved. Man, I’m sorry to hear you had health issues but glad to hear you’re taking it head on. You gotta keep going man, once you’re done, you’re done doing things.! Im not that old, 41 but i did get run over on a motorcycle and it did things to me, but here we are brother, always something to learn or practice. I really enjoy this forum too, I don’t normally talk to people and i think maybe its a good thing. Where are you located geographically if you don’t mind me asking? I assume Oregon somewhere.

I usually grow in hydro and my plants get massive. This auto was an experiment and it didn’t work out well. Technically, it gets you high. Technically.

2 Likes

It looks like its coming at me! Nature is wild

Didn’t mean to freak you out, just saw the soil was made in Eugene and you said locally produced. :grin:

I live in Berkeley.

IMO, my health issues are relatively minor given I’m 74. I’ve been doing Pilates for better than a year and am considering taking a “flying” trapeze class. I consider myself very lucky. Mrs. mota, who is 15 years my junior, keeps me on my toes.

Well, I used to live in Eugene. HA! And hell, Eugene is only about a ten hour drive. Way more local than Ohio! :wink:

2 Likes

Thats beautiful! I’m in Ohio and doing none of those things. I’m a mechanic and own my shop. Thats kinda palates

1 Like

Outta likes.

There’s a lot to be said for being a skilled mechanic and owning your own shop. And you’re young. You have so much more time to do crazy shit in your life!

Oh look, what is that that I see over yonder? Why, it’s my bong! What luck!

2 Likes

Very true.

1 Like