Lil Outdoor Fun!

I can’t really grow in the house I stay at right now, so I tossed a couple Gorilla Glue bagseeds outside just to have some fun! All 3/3 germed and have taken a beating from ants and the weather, but I am curious to see just what they can handle. I have another month and a half/ 2 months left on this lease so let’s see what will happen!

9 Likes

Hell yeah @Artisan! I threw some seeds out on my bday while fishing… I went back last weekend and nothing came up… Sad, guess we’ll just have to transplant them in next trip.

2 Likes

:sunglasses: welcome & great lines in your user profile…LOL.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

A lil 3 day update on those outdoor plants. I removed some plants that were blocking sunlight so they are growing a little better and the ants seem to have lost interest in them! I’ve never really fed these, put a small amount of the devils miracle grow around them really early on and since that it’s just composting yard scraps. Sad part, the landlord is coming to do yard work so I will probably have to pull them in about a week. Ahh well, it’s been fun to watch them grow(:

2 Likes

:spy: … maybe you could place your “BBQ” or something inconvenient-to-move to obstruct? 'BEGONE! weed-wacker, these are not the plants you’re looking for! :wink: :nerd:

3 Likes

Maybe! Haha nah it’s in a spot where they would have to clean like a Little Rock planter

Update on these lil plants! 2 are doing fine. They still don’t really get a lot of sunlight but, nodes are growing so it’s cool. The other one is not doing so good but, still alive. It got chopped in half somehow. I suspect the ants. It’s still green though so, I just left it. We’ll see what happens!

2 Likes

Hey this is my type of thread! Working with what you got I’m impressed at how well they’ve survived the direct sow you must have good genetics there!

For your ants I’d recommend spreading a liberal amount of DE around a small permiter of the plants I’ve had alot of fun kicking Antman’s ass with the stuff this last week :wink:

Edit: and don’t pull them, dig them up and put in cups for the day, if you’re trying to be discrete you should have something you can easily take up anyway :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s just for fun! Not really trying or expecting to get these older than a month or 2. I just wanted to watch something other than sunflowers grow lol thank u though! Once I get my actual grow set up that’s when the real fun begins!

2 Likes

darwin’s blessed little ones :wink:

1 Like

RIP to the lil outdoor plants was good fun watching them grow!

Arent ya going to separare one of the plants to other placer? Theyre two much near, side by side… If yare goin to transplant one, better as soon n bein the plant as little as ya be able to, I think…

…So it is real outdoor guerrilla too, isent it?

Salud n best luck&wishesh!

2 Likes

How do you avoid nosy people animals eating at your mj @MiG ?

People are fear them and threaten them .

1 Like

My outdoor growzone isent a guerrilla: the growzone is mine, it is fenced n protected by several dogs…
The worst animals here against the guerrilla’s marihuana plants are ones that walks over 2 legs n used it to smoke it, not to eat it…

In guerrilla, against depredators like birds, mices, rabbits, deers or hogs, people here use to put depredators’ smells near the plants usin
hair or skin or orine or excrements, combined with feed/water/spray plants with all the neem ya can do… Anyway, it’s more probable that a domestic sheep or horse or overall: goat will eat the plant before than any wild animal.

2 Likes

You have a good point ;also stay away from traffic areas @MiG,

1 Like

@MiG @shroomgod these were just bagseeds I had that I threw in the ground (didn’t even loosen ground just 3 lil holes) to see if they would grow because I don’t have a setup right now but, I still like watching plants grow lol I did absolutely nothing except give them water and put some composted yard scraps around them to retain moisture. The landlord came to do yard work and I pulled them. No loss no gain all just for fun and I guess now I know there is a decent germ rate on the other 20 something Gorilla Glue bagseeds I have. F2’s? Lol jk

2 Likes

So what method works best for outdoor growing ?Auto flowers results in under 100 days.Mind you i plant these in plastic buckets; like as in you were to grow marhiuana in a kiddie pool filled with dirt and perlite and nutrients as they grow larger.

1 Like

Really depends on your climate and environment. Autos are pretty cool and have come a long way, definitely worth looking at for a quick turnaround. (I would suggest Mephisto Genetics for autos) A greenhouse is always good obviously but, a lot of it comes down to personal preference and what you have available to use. What part of the world are you in and what’s your immediate environment like? I.e. is it your yard, a random secluded spot, hot and sunny, shaded? A lot of factors come into play in choosing your grow style and a lot of it will come with trial and error. I would honestly suggest bagseeds for experimenting with the outdoors, they were freebies anyway!

1 Like