What's your water situation?

How much waste water/gallon with the HydroLogic?

2 Likes

I have the stealth 300 but don’t really use it. Problem is that it is slow to fill and wastes 200% of what you save so for every 5 gallons of RO water it gives me it wastes 10. It is defiantly a cool little unit but the idea of just dumping that much water down the drain bothers me. There is an attachment to make that 1:1 waste instead of 2:1 depending on how your tap water is but even then you still send 5 gallons down the drain for every 5 gallons you produce @HorseBadorites.

4 Likes

I decided to try one of those waterdrop tankless RO’s they claim 2(clean):1(waste) to save space inside since this unit will be for kitchen use as well as plants and my kitchen is small so cabinet space is precious. Once my garage grow is up and running I’m gonna look into one of their top tier unit’s that claims 3:1 depending on how well this one functions because I hate the idea of wasting all that water as well…

1 Like

I have an RO Buddy, and it dumps 4-5 gallons of waste/ gal of RO.

We have a well, and the waste goes back into the watershed, so it’s not totally wasted.I’d rather not be using the well pump as much. They wear out, and can be a pain to pull and replace.

The 1:1 systems I’ve looked at are either ridiculously expensive, or have a complicated hookup.

I’ve just seen some RV “purifiers” that go on a garden hose, I’m going to give one a go. I grow in coco w/salts, though, so it’'ll be interesting :slight_smile:

It would be nice to go 1:1 with any faffing.

2 Likes

I set a rain barrel up over the weekend, and of course, we didn’t get the rain we were supposed to get. But once that starts filling that’ll be my go to source when it’s not freezing out.

1 Like

Buy a new dehumidifier, set it above a 40 G Brurt , let the dehuey drain into it.
0 ppm water, poor mans distilled water. My dehuey gives up 4+ gallons of water a day.

1 Like

Once I’m in my garage I’m going to collect my mini split condensation as well as collect my Dehuey water. Gonna be recycling real HARD!

1 Like

My water is around 150ppm and 7ph or thereabouts. Works fine as is, but I use vitamin C to neutralize the chloramine.

Picked this up thinking it was cheap enough to try.
I’ve got a hard water well, took 467ppm to 0 for me. Installed on 2/5/21. Just checked 3 days ago, has only crept up to 8ppm. Filters are replaceable.
Geekpure 3 Stage Portable Aquarium Countertop Reverse Osmosis RO Drinking Water Filter System-100 GPD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H2TSNZM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_86FV7JPMQQ8KN33QFKVS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

High @Bow4Buck, Does it really put out 1 gallon of cleaned water to 2 gallons of waste?

Yeah, I’d have to call BS on that one. Takes me all day to fill a 30gal res. But it also says optimal performance at 60psi for water pressure. Think I have a leak some place in my well system. Have turned the pressure up to 60 twice and it always settles back in at about 35psi.
Actually replaced the pressure tank just a week ago and I’m still only running at 35psi.

For money spent and how it fixed many hard water problems I was having, money well spent for me at this point.

2 Likes

It looks just like the RO Buddy I use. With the 50g/day filters, it wastes 4-5 gallons per 1 clean gallon.

The filters on yours cost about 2x as much as the RO Buddie’s, but if the system was, indeed, 2:1, it may be worth exploring.

I only use 5-10 gallons/day, so I don’t need a fast fill, just would rather not have so much “waste.”

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I know the filters were a ton. Honestly, I figured I’d just get another unit when needed. :grin::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like