When do Breeders sell their seed?

I hear that. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve found seeds on the tent floor before cutting down the plant.

1 Like

This is only when I do runs. I usually when I said that cut the buds off the plants lay them out to dry. Then crumble them to accumulate seeds. Not just let them hang. Also always collecting pollen as well. Sorry if it sounded so crude, there’s more method to this madness.

2 Likes

The standard timeframe for seeds to mature from pollination to full ‘ready’ is approx 5 weeks… I usually go for 6weeks, to make sure they’re nice. If too small, or white-ish, I toss em.

3 Likes

How do I find your seeds?

2 Likes

https://overgrow.com/t/johnny-potseeds-hall-of-genetics/

2 Likes

Yes, seeds need to cure and harden a bit. Never gets distributed right away, and YES I’m know for checking germination rates multiple times. I can’t in good faith release ANYTHING under 60% but I’m still consistent to 80-100%

I should also add when sorting/shucking never assume a seed is or looks mature, pressure test it to make sure it doesn’t crush. Fully viable seeds don’t crack under pressure.

4 Likes

true breeders do a untested pre-sale while the beans are still live on the plant :laughing:

12 Likes

Actually, the only area that can be pulled LIVE is the bottom calyx between the node. That is the first to mature, and you know it’s easily pulled out when it’s slightly browned, other than that there’s not enough to make a pack, just get an idea of viability.

1 Like

Your avatar looks like Johnny Boone.
Cornbread mafia ?

Sorry, cuz… but I disagree with that statement! I’ think I would be classified as a ‘true breeder’ since I’ve been doing this longer than a lot of folks have been on this planet! lol
I NEVER do a sale while the beans are still on the plant, and not having been tested prior to listing…

4 Likes

That is me, lol
Wife took the pic when we were going into town

1 Like

i tink he wuz being facetious :wink:

6 Likes

I would sure as hell hope so! And if that’s the case, I do apologize brother @Cannavore !

4 Likes

btw, we are enjoying growing your genetics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I only hoped would be the case! I have been on an ‘OverGrowTheWorld’ mission for my whole life! lol

I’ll be 75 in another 2 months
Being born and raised on a gorilla op Ganja farm, I’ve actually been involved with Ganja truly my whole life! lol
Long before the internet or OG, lol

13 Likes

Sorry to hear that, I just received my pack of tester seeds from brothers grimms November long seed sale. I found out about it from OG and other members that put me on and got a pack of 9 feminized headband 99 seeds shipped to me for $20, might be a good cheap option if you’re looking

2 Likes

That’s pretty awesome. I’m 55 and remember all the columbian and Mexican my step-dad would get in the 70s.
I remember the 1st seedless bud that I seen early 80s. Nice pine smell and taste.

1 Like

Yeah. I got some of his Uber wench

1 Like

Aqesome, I’ll be looking forward to seeing your grow of it

1 Like