Winter grow 2017-2018

So, getting board with it being winter decided I will setup my indoor room. This is the first time I will be growing out my own crosses so that is exciting. hoping to remember to update often.

These last two have started to pop after 48 hours still waiting for the thai crosses.

5 Likes

You are working on resemble plan that i wish build about cca. 2 years and you got my support! :smiley:
Realy wanna see that project, can you describe some more inf. about size your groom , light…

All the best!

2 Likes

I’ll get some pics of my setup but for this run keeping it simple 5x5 tent, 5 20 gal smart pots, a super soil type can’t recall all the amendments i used, I made a few years ago I am adding in some volcanic rock for air. The light is black dog 650 led. will you some compost teas or some dragonfly earth medicine teas I have. I typically use more fans in my grow then the average grower.

So, my plan is after eliminating males and weaker females to have 3 or 4 of each strain and put them all into one pot. will be using a cover crop cilantro and other grasses. If I find any keepers will clone them, as I dont have enough room to set up a male tent right now I would usually prefer to put into seeds vs a clone.

What I have labled as GSG 2017 were an unknown gift seeds Afghan type leaning hybrid so could be anything. The thai seeds were from World of Seeds. Not the greatest of crosses but being my first time I think it is good to start with stuff that I feel comfortable messing up on or whatnot.

Thats all I can think of at the moment I am sure I will be adding more, or ask more question thats cool too.

6 Likes

does frozen mean the seeds were stored in your freezer?

1 Like

yes

seventeen characters

Getting some soil up to temp as its been sitting outside in the shed. The difference of the first water that ran out and the last was about 30 degrees F warmer.

a pic of the dirt not using the big root balls

2 Likes

out of 30 cups have 20 green tops and about another 15 seeds still in paper towels. Its a sand boa snake btw.

2 Likes

Keep that little reptile safe.

There is a nasty fungus attacking these little critters.

https://www.usgs.gov/news/fungal-disease-threatens-snakes-widespread-eastern-us

Some believe this could spread globally? :confounded:

2 Likes

Have not gotten the tent ready yet seems like some of the plants have naturally trained themselves or something is wrong.

like this.

So, made some poison to spray the tent with today. Had mites at one point in the tent about a year and half ago. Thought they would have died with a lack of food, but maybe they didn’t. I hung this year’s outdoor crop in this tent to dry and found some webbing while they were drying and didn’t see any mites or damage when they were outdoor so figure worth giving it a spray before starting this grow. So, its about 3 cups of water I would guess, the 2 lemons, and some where between 30-50 Thai chilies. Going to dilute that with water spray that then do a soap and water spray.

but most of them look happy.

Didn’t really get any good shots of it will have to go back but looks like some webbing or crinkling maybe coming out due to the ducksfoot genetics.

2 Likes

Them girls are all legs.

Looking forward. :eyes:

finally got the room setup just a few days late as the plants will have to readjust.

the next to pics are really all there is to my set up filtering the exhaust twice since its just in the house and the light is hung. I will be adding an inflow air supply soon.

3 Likes

All right.

Let the show begin.

2 Likes

Replanted the plants burying most of the stem and pulled a few.

I started off with 53 seeds on 12/18/2017 47 of them popped and threw them into dirt. A few popped and died before making it into dirt. I called it quits on trying to get all of them to pop on 12/28. I initially put 45 under the Led I know have 43 one withered away and really never broke the dirt much and the other one never broke the dirt.

A plant count of what I am left with on 12/30:
BC Buds Bluberry (BC BB) From the freezer: 12

all the rest are my crosses the Father was an unknown but supposedly a Afghan hybrid type.
The mothers:
World of seeds (WoS) Thai 2 (2 is phenotype reference) from the freezer: 5
WoS Thai 3 from the freezer: 8
Wos Thai 3 not from freezer (wanted to see if there was much of difference between the freezer or not): 7
Frisian Duck (duck) (clone from dispensary) from freezer: 12

When I was replanting them and looking at there roots which wasn’t much yet but some showed more growth and have labeled them as outperformers, knowing that it could just be that they have been in the dirt the longest. 4 ducks, 1 BB, 1Thai 3.

1 Like

a couple of pics to show growth been under the led for 5 days and had there first feeding.

Some burning not sure why and some webbing

2 Likes

new update they have been getting feed about 5 days out of 7 through the soil and foliar havent started useing full strength through the soil yet will start with the next batch. anyways seeing good growth from the last pics a week ago.
Some of them are showing signs of over watering and others are under watering.

1 Like

These plants appear to need water.

Because of the drooping of leaves?

1 Like

Yes, the little bit of yellowing and the very dry looking soil surface.

Do you drench your plants?

I would recommend doing this to be sure there are no dry pockets in the root ball. Be sure to pH your soil to around 6+/- and let them drain thoroughly.

PS. I didn’t look above. What is the medium you are using? Cannabis needs very friable soil (lots of air and sort of fluffy, drains well). Perlite is probably one of the better choices though some dislike that it floats and collects at the surface of the container. To me, that means you have enough. Be sure your soil is friable.

Base soil should be about 30% perlite.

1 Like

that was what I wondering if the bit of yellow was because of it so thanks for pointing it out. my soil has a lot of peat I forget the %. I think the soil is airing out well enough when I took the pics i picked up the cups and about 70% of them were very light, 20% in the middle, and then 10% seemed like they were not really drinking. Ya I should check my ph havent done that yet. the soil looking dry is the peat moss and it was moist underneath but I just finished giving them a good drench. I have maybe 1% perlite. Run off is in the 6.5 range

OK, if you really have only about 1% perlite, you may run into troubles. The roots need air and drenching peat with compost in it will turn somewhat dense and compacted. The roots won’t like this. Also, this is an easy way for air pockets to form inside the root ball.

See how they handle a good drench. If they start to have more troubles, I would look to perlite for help. Might need a drastic re-potting if the soil you have becomes extremely dense. :worried:

OK, but this is far less telling than a) the water going in or b) the soil once drenched.

This is how my soil looks after a couple of weeks. This is a clone. I have also watered and added some top dressings, so it isn’t uniform looking.

99%

1 Like