Wizdoms GIVEAWAY

Darn wrong country

1 Like

Send me your details in DM. Need to test a new puck

5 Likes

Send me details too. I’ll test how Canada post likes these too

7 Likes

Thanks @Wizdom dm incoming. :slight_smile:
We’re you able to get them to 4 mm thickness?

1 Like

They are 3/16 or 5mm, so right on the edge.

5 Likes

Dam now I am sad :slightly_frowning_face: as I missed this one :point_up:! :ok_hand::+1::facepunch::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

7 Likes

Lol. An empty puck? A mystery? That sounds like fun for the 2 dibbers.

3 Likes

Who said it was empty

6 Likes

It was not specified. So the joke entered my mind. I never imagined it would be empty from this forum. OG!

2 Likes

Brother I’ll be your test monkey in the states to see how the postal service handles it getting to me, @Wizdom I’m right over the border in the northwest.

2 Likes

@Wizdom - I am seriously curious about this endeavor. I hope you’ll let us know regarding your success!

I have often wondered if seeds could be placed in a shortened drinking straw. The ends could be heat sealed.

Prior to putting seeds in the straw it could be smashed kind of flat (more of an oval looking at the end). Then seal one end with heat, put seeds in, then seal the other end with heat.

It’s fast, cheaper than pucks, and might meet width requirements for mail. It’d be harder to label than pucks but that’s manageable.

5 Likes

The pucks meet minimum requirements.
These came from @Wizdom in the last week or 2.

20 Likes

These are just new pucks I got that are 5mm, usually I’ve had 4mm. I’m allowed a 1/4inch pack to send in lettermail before it becomes oversized.

These new 5mm still meet the requirements like @JustANobody said. But the pack is right at that 1/4inch after packed up. So if you get a postie on a bad day they may choose to rtv. I’d rather test to see what happens before committing to them.

I’ve been using rubber washers since running out of pucks. Found perfect ones but only can get 40 a week because of Amazon limiting quantities. I tried a different 100 pack of washers but the stickers don’t stick well, so I had to tape them to make sure the stickers didn’t come off, as seen in JustANobody’s picture above.

I used to used plastic cardboard sign and that always works but just a pain to pack lots of. Straw and normal cardboard is the old school way I did way back but you’d get smooshed seed or packs being pulled.

Pucks or washers is the way to go. Just need to stay under that 1/4inch pack so no posties on a bad day give you a bad day

14 Likes

That’s an old trick an also old Goa hippie guy thaught me @Bert :slightly_smiling_face: …I have sent seeds in a soft drink sraw to US and worked perfectly well…and for identifying… number of seeds in a straw can be used.
You have a good sharp intellect my friend.
:v:&:green_heart:

3 Likes

I had all kinds of problems getting the right flips and washers, definitely ordered a few stacks of the wrong flips and over paid for washers. they look way nicer then corrugated poster board, straws, and pens. The flips seem to not get lost in my collection but the others end up in a bag with other mixed packaging.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m embarrassed to ask, but what does the term “flip” mean? Also what does “puck” mean? I understand the washer.

3 Likes

@Bert Hi, If I understand it correctly, flip is just the washer surrounded by the hard carton with a plastic layer, and the puck is simply a 3D made plastic container in which the beans are sent. Hope it helps!!
:hugs: :flushed:
:partying_face:image

Top one is a flip and the orange and green ones are pucks!!

15 Likes

Thanks appreciate the breakdown. K+ @Abbbian

4 Likes

Thanks @Abbbian!

4 Likes