Would you consider these ideal conditions?

Hey everyone, i haven’t posted any updates of the plants because there isn’t much to see. Just babies in the tent, and my outdoor Autoflower’s leaves seem to be getting bigger. I’m just waiting on that first node to pop up. Also got some jars colonizing but that’s a different discussion lol.

Anyways, are these ideal conditions? Of course this will change but I’m just curious as to what problems one would run into with this type of climate all grow season. Thanks to anyone that answers!

3 Likes

Numbers look good, ‘very temperate’. :+1:
The morning humidity (78%) would be a concern in late flower (bud rot).
I’d be looking at a strain that is resistant to Botrytis for an outdoor grow.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

The morning humidity was what I was worried about, but I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. Thanks

4 Likes

If you are looking for strains, check out Meesh’s 2020 grow.

She had some problem strains but also some winners.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

they’re really not bad. ditto on the morning fog(OVR being overcast)… and some strong wind gusts possible so that’s an issue outdoors. not enough rain if you’re collecting it/dependent on it(off grid).

I’m tryin’ to guess the spot… :sweat_smile: :world_map: :mag:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Lol I’m proud to say Virginia! Only 4 plants allowed though, but hey I only need enough for my parents and myself.

5 Likes

Pretty good Tobacco weather! :laughing: :v:

:four_leaf_clover:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

In Virginia you really gotta keep an eye on the humidity in August and September.

3 Likes

Agree with you, but makes it tough to keep moms and do any experimental breeding while also keeping the head stash full and friends supplied with only 4. Not going to complain though. Didn’t think I’d see legal cultivation here in my lifetime.

3 Likes

It gets pretty damn bad as early as late June if you’re down by the Bay. Everywhere in VA in August and September feels like a sweaty locker room. Pretty unbearable at times.

3 Likes

Plants love it during veg… tolerate it during early flower… don’t do well at all in late flower with heavy humidity and stagnant air. Pray for some wind and crisp fall air

2 Likes

Fairly similar to my weather except you get way more rain. Stay away from Indicas and Indica dominant hybrids the fog and humidity will riddle them with bud rot. Believe me I know. lol

4 Likes

This. But this weather has been kinda iffy so who knows how things will turn out?

1 Like

Ah crap, well I was looking to grow my 2 OG Kush plants directly in the ground when they get older. I was looking at buying more seeds anyway lol.

1 Like

It’s such a trip. I’ve gotten a few gems from farmers at my local Farmer’s Market, and all of them are of older age buying Neem oil in there. They tell me the only reason they didn’t smoke before was because of the illegality of everything. But im convinced our state might rival the West Coast!

1 Like

Brother, it’s a trip for sure. VA has changed so much from when I was a kid. Still feel kinda paranoid even with the current decriminalization and the upcoming legalization lol. The man used to be ruthless when it came to reefer here.

I’m stoked to watch your outdoor grows! Give it a go and just keep the humidity in the back of your mind.

3 Likes

You are right about the man being ruthless in VA. The 70’s-90’s was an all out assault. Especially in the DC Metro area.

2 Likes