Yellowing leaves

Work kicked my ass this week and I wasn’t able to give them much attention. Now the lower leaves are turning yellow and drying up at the tips. All my plants are showing this. Currently in week 4 of flower. I use well water that has high calcium lol, pH set around 6.4 usually. Roots Organics terp tea bloom (3-7-4) & bloom booster (0.5-6-18), bioag tm7 micros, recharge, insect frass (3-2-2), Epsom salts for magnesium. Last feed was on Thursday. Any help on this? Thanks!

9 Likes

I would say it looks like the plants are suffering from a nitrogen deficiency. Your nute ratios, if your nutes are applied in equivalent amounts, before the frass, looks to be 3.5 13 22 which is really low in N. Even if the frass were immediately available, which it is not, it still seems low in N to me.

5 Likes

…The leaves drooping a bit could also be caused by overwatering which would also cause yellowing.

3 Likes

Ya definitely needed more veg nutes for the first 3-4 weeks of flower.
I top dress mine with veg nutes as sooner as they go into flower and 50/50 veg/bloom in week 2 of bloom

3 Likes

Thanks. I thought my N would be good at this point in flower. Was starting to think it could be lockout. Week 5 started today. Should I add a lil veg (7-1-1) next feed or just ride it out?

2 Likes

I’m still learning but that’s a rapid decline. Maybe check your soil PH first and go from there. Seems like you’re feeding correctly but maybe they’re just not taking in the nutes.

2 Likes

Yea this was why I was originally leaning towards lockout. I only have a cheap analog probe and it says the soil pH is 6, but I can’t really trust that thing. I have a Bluelab pH pen that I def trust when I bubble teas. Running 6 plants, all different strains, all showing the same yellowing, some are just worse than others. Def makes me think it has something to do with either what I’m feeding or what is in the water or soil. High calcium is always in the back of my mind. Ordered a reverse osmosis setup the other day. Should be here this week.

2 Likes

Like everyone else… They look under fed.

Strongly suggest you look into octopots for your future grows. These "soil / feeding " problems will go away.

2 Likes

I added 20% veg in my feed yesterday. Hope that was enough to kick it back in shape

1 Like

I am going to have to agree with @Gravitys-Rainbow .
You are going to need a system of growing that you can walk away from your grow for a few days and not worry about.

Octo pots are great for this.

You can also check out sub irrigation planters (SIP’S) below.
Very little work to turn an inepensive plastic tote into a SIP with a large water reservoir.

3 Likes

Yea I’ve been lurking in that SIP thread lol. Def tempted to grab a SIP and try it out. They seem pretty awesome and hassle free. I shouldn’t have anymore super late days though. This was kind of a rare occurrence.

2 Likes

If you decide to try one out I had posted a quick DYI on how to make your own SIP below :arrow_down:

The 7.5 gal are pretty easy but it all depends on how big you grow your plants and how long you may be away from your plants.
The 7.5 has a 2 gallon reservoir.
The 12 gallon and larger size totes really allow you to have larger reservoirs if you choose to.

Here a pic of shoreline just before she went into flower so you can judge plant size.

If you have any questions if you decide to build one please feel free to hit me up or you can also post in CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread and I am sure you will get all kinds of assistance…

I would also like to say that **this information comes with a warning.
Once you grow from a well constructed /set up SIP you may be forced to switch much of your grow to SIP’s :wink:

4 Likes

Damn straight!

3 Likes

Damn straight indeed!

3 Likes

I would be liking these but Sadly

4 Likes