1996 seeds - Got 2 to germinate

Regardless if it’s real skunk or not … still curious what kind of terps are in these 28 year old time bombs

18 Likes

Hope these turn out stellar for you :crossed_fingers:t3:

10 Likes

Good luck with these beauties :seedling:

6 Likes

It’s like a science experiment. :smiley: I hope they thrive, and reward you for your caretaking.

8 Likes

Thanks for this ray of hope. I’ve got old beans too.

I think I may have done a mistake, discarding seeds that became pale.

5 Likes

Nice! Good luck with the grow! If it turns out to be real deal road kill skunk that would be amazing. You’d definitely have to find a way to preserve it!

I have some decades old seeds (some I got from members of the original overgrow site) that I want to try and sprout but I’ve been practicing on other less valuable older seeds first, trying to find the best method to help germination. Currently experimenting with seed sprout teas (for the enzymes), sprouting on worm castings and I also mixed up some ga3 to try if needed. I also plan to try aloe spears and maybe DMSO.

And make the device in post #43 here:

7 Likes

I didn’t do to much extra to get them to pop, just normal technically , my buddy ran some and got all males & didn’t seem to have any issues with the germ so I just kinda threw them in and got 2 nice ones to pop - and for seedlings they definitely already have a smell, but it’s kinda just like an exotic plant smell - so will see what she/he brings to the table

9 Likes

They are blowing out that wierd leaf shit and trucking on picking up speed.If you have any clonex clone and seedling nutrient solution 9ml to a liter is a nice sweet spot little drink keep it moist No burn and perks them right up they are increasing in vigor.

Root temps were in the 60s made them a bit droopy heatmat at 75 degrees fixes that problem fast.Your going to be fine they are going to truck right on and you will have some cool shit .-:billed_cap:-

23 Likes

I may have overlooked. Will you be growing out regardless of sex?

2 Likes

Yess, going to use whatever outcome I get - male female , male male , female female, gonna see what I can do to bring the terps back out in crosses or if I’m luck to get male and female , open up its gene pool some more

13 Likes

I inherited some that have been in a refrigerator for 20 years. So far 100% germination, three tries.

12 Likes

Leaning on the indica side if not totally indica going by the leafs. It’s hard enough getting 2 year old seeds to grow at times. Getting 20 year old seeds to grow is a mega achievement in itself. I hope you get both a male and a female from the two and make some seeds.
You any idea what strain they are???

3 Likes

Supposedly 1996 road kill skunk seed stock , that was winning high times cups in the 80’s & 90’s

15 Likes

Bro don’t mention road kill. Your threads gonna fill up fast now :rofl:
Road kill is one of the most sought after strains here on OG.

10 Likes

Growing pretty fast now with wild looking leaves - it kinda looks dangerous :joy: - sending off the sex tests Monday morning - the second one is a little mutated but seems to be growing out of it - but this one is looking wild

37 Likes

These seeds were born a year before I was and I’m excited to see them

8 Likes

That’s pretty awesome! Fingers crossed you get a male and female. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Little late to the party but super cool you got these to pop! Good luck with the grow and here’s to hoping you got a male and a female!

4 Likes

Sent the Sex tests off today
1996 #1

1996 #2 - started off wonky - but growing out of the funk now

39 Likes

Looking great, happy to see them growing and looking healthy. Very excited to see what they turn out like

3 Likes