Kasper’s Pollen Chucks

Sounds like you have your setup all figured out! I saw an automated irrigation kit on Amazon for $50 lol It’s probably a pos tho.

1 Like

Not really but figuring it out slowly haha. I’m trying a little bit of everything RN.

1 Like

Oh also I’m not sure about salt buildup in these. I’ve been using all organics outside.

1 Like

I’ll probably end up throwing some in miracle grow :woman_facepalming::rofl: I know people don’t like it but I made it work before. I didn’t have to water but every 3-4 days too.

1 Like

I’ll probably end up throwing some in miracle grow :woman_facepalming::rofl: I know people don’t like it but I made it work before. I didn’t have to water but every 3-4 days too. And that’s with perlite mixed in. About 25-30%

1 Like

@hollyho I just wanted to chime in on the SIP’s. I am a natural soil grower. I was doing a bunch of reading and was all over the octo pots. I was actually looking at what Octo package I was going to buy.
A friend told me to to check out Sip’s. After a bunch of research and some youtube videos I built my 1st DIY SIP. I would have to venture into the garden to tell you how many SIP’s I have now but I can tell you that If I had the time and :moneybag: I would be growing 100% in SIP’s. I have seen amazing things happen with my SIP plants. I have experimented with all kinds of Soil growing techniques in my SIPs. They are absolutely amazing. Best thing is no matter the growing style I tested on my SIP’s they produce absolutely great plants.

You should check out :arrow_down:

All I can tell you is once you grow in a good SIP you will be hooked 100%.

If you are looking for absolutely amazing results and like to watch your plants grow with minimal inputs SIP’s are your ticket.

I would not run out an buy an earthbox just yet! I would make your own on the cheap. I have a tutorial on how to make a really easy 7.5 gal SIP below. Experiment with a DIY SIP to see if it works for you and your growing style.

The principal for making a larger SIP is the same. The one in the tutorial is pretty small but you can still grow some good size plants in there.

The plant in this picture was water only down the reservoir.
I am using kitchen scraps to feed the worms only.
No amendments other than Kitchen Scraps so far.

I have a video below to check out . YT will make you sign in to view but I can tell you it is worth it.

Can’t wait to see ya over at @CrunchBerries probiotic SIP post.

4 Likes

Great info!

1 Like

These little guys are pretty common in my back yard.

We recently found 3 of these younger ones under some rocks. And this guy running around the yard.
IMG_8141

4 Likes

Thanks for info! I was planning on sticking to coco if I can ever get back up and running. In the meantime, I’ve just been trying to figure out the most efficient way of watering to make things a little easier on myself. With all the salts in coco, I’m scared anything that feeds from the bottom will cause problems. That’s why I was looking into something that would just do the remembering for me… so just water when/how much I want it to, then I can just dump the runoff once a day. But apparently everything they make to help water coco has to be complicated lol those sips look great for soil! Now they should come out with something just as simple for coco/salts lol

2 Likes

After the stretch

6 Likes

At this point im not sure if im doing more harm than good haha.

6 Likes

Started some plants for my mother. This is them behaving very well on the way over there.

4 Likes

This is what im left with and boy were they ready for some more soil and amendments. The Lennon was getting pretty yellow and looks like it’s showing a deficiency.

One Lennon skywalker triangle kush from @THCeed and a lipsmacker from @hollyho on the right. Don’t worry I’ll make sure she keeps me updated with pictures of the two ewoks. Also I still have this Ewok/cdlc x lipsmacker outside.

6 Likes

Can you believe these girls, I feel like I just started them.

I’m really liking the plant structure of the Ewok cross. @hollyho

5 Likes

7 Likes

The growth in those SIP’s is just Crazy considering the soil volume!

Do you happen to know the brand of those SIP’s?

2 Likes

I was thinking they were earth boxes. But not positive as they were given to me. I can check a little later for anything written on them.

Actually should be these.

I am thinking Earthbox may want to use your pics as their pic is kinda sad.

Well done brother! :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Haha thank you!!

1 Like