2 of 4 plants transplanted are struggling, what to do?

So I transplanted 4 plants to 5 gallons. 3 of them were in 1 gallons,1 was in a solo cup. 1 of the 3, 1 gallons was in that pot a little longer than the others (triangle dawg) . That triangle dawg and the TriForce in the solo cup are dropping today worse than they both were yesterday. I know coco shouldnt be let to dry out but the roots aren’t at the bottom of these yet. Do I let these dry a little do I water a little it’s a hard decision because they were just transplanted so it’s not like I know there is roots at the bottom. I don’t think a build up is possible. I have this problem 50% of the time I transplant and no idea why. Some do great some do this. Because of the brain tumor/surgery I had my memory is horrible lol so I don’t remember what the right thing to do is. I’ll post pics the happy plants are both TriForce.

4 Likes

That droop looks like when I have the rootmass over saturated. :thinking:
Letting them dry out a little sounds like a good idea. Do you have a moisture meter? or are you able to lift the pot just enough to spot-check the weight? The latter is how I figure out my watering schedules.
Best of success!!! :hugs:

6 Likes

I don’t have a moisture meter I usually water everyday cuz they are 50/50 coco perlite but I do notice the happy ones being a tad bit lighter when I lift

Just checking but did you water until you got some runoff when you transplanted them and how long ago was that?

I’m no expert but it looks like quite a bit of perlite with that coco so I think it would be hard to overwater.

1 Like

I did water with around 20% runoff. There is a cup of perlite I throw on top after transplanting. because it helps the top not get moldy. Under that it’s definitely at least 50% coco maybe more. But at the end of the day that’s still hard to over water. The fact that the lighter plants look happy is what pushed me away from underwater initially. I’m debating on watering one and seeing which looks better tomorrow to maybe learn and I can look back at this forum when I forget lol

2 Likes

i noticed you mentioned not remembering well due to surgery. got me to thinking about getting some sort of organization scheme for information for you. do you prefer to use computers and technology or old school composition books? if you prefer technology i would be willing to help you out getting a system started to keep you on track. i’m really good at organizing and have been helped out enough that it’s time to start paying it forward a bit. in fact, i’m going to gather some resources and put it together for a friend who i’m advising on a first grow. i’ll share it when i get it done. good luck with the girls.

6 Likes

I agree letting them dry a bit looks like the way to do, in case that witting is due to overwatering. If you see they don’t recover it could be a transplant shock, happened to me once and had to trim all the major leaves :sweat: so it’s easier for the plant to revert that situation, hope it’s not your case … beer3|nullxnull

8 Likes

Thank you so much I used to write down on a calendar white board with dates, what nutrients, and ph / ppm of what’s going in and coming out. The more tents I’ve started to do it became harder to Fit the writing on there and after a month I had to erase to fit more. so I probably should use some sort of electronic to keep this information I appreciate it very much! I would write some down in notes on my phone but as that added up I’d have to scroll very far back to find something and it was hard to organize it but I’d love some way to do this with some more organization.

2 Likes

Wow beautiful recovery there! I’m gonna just water the happy plants and hope they don’t thrive so hard the other plants can’t catch up but if so they can probably fill this tent themselves with some more vegging

3 Likes

I agree totally with above comments
@George my brother is spot on as usual :+1::+1::+1:

The little one in the solo cup you could have just watered lightly around the root for a short time and she would have done much better !! Just let her dry out a bit
They are just stressed a wee bit

The bigger one next time you transplant break up the root mass before planting you can even trim them a bit this will stimulate root growth !!! They are tuff plants they wii rebound nicely

The other 2 look fine

Please post the results

Paps

6 Likes

Thank you! The two that look good, got transplanted perfect timing so it makes sense. One was small and watered heavy. The other was a bit root bound and I didn’t mess with the roots when I transplanted.

1 Like

I have memory issues as well and found that using this online grow diary helps a ton. It’s by Advanced Nutrients and has schedules for their nutes but I just ignore that part and use the diary function to document what I did each day. It’s so helpful to be able to go back through the notes. It available from Google play and I’m pretty sure it’s still free. I’ve had it since Beta testing it in 2018.

2 Likes

Thank you I’ll check that out!!

1 Like

A little bit of transplant stress is expected. Just stick with your protocols and be patient.

2 Likes

i haven’t forgotten about you, had to go take care of my mom after a fall then got a cold, so i lost two weeks. glad your girls recovered.

1 Like

Oh man I hope you guys recovered well, Thank you for the good wishes. The plant in the back left is lookin better. The one in the front right wasn’t so I took her out of that pot and she’s happy back in a cup

1 Like

it looks like it may take a while for me to get that together, but look at two links in this thread and you will have a huge library of books. when i get my collection together i’ll share it with you but you may be able to organize all this info first. sometimes my projects take a while, sometimes they just go away.

1 Like