Should I be concerned?

Aloha !!!
Much Love!
Thank you for this site and all involved!

What would you do?
Yellowing leaves below.
Whole plant losing color.

4 weeks in flower.
Herer/Blue Dream

7 Likes

I think it may be the lights too close. All the tops.
Praying like crazy trying to minimize light exposure.

7 Likes

I’d definitely be concerned if I didn’t fix the issues and wanted to finish those out.

4 Likes

What media type, fertilizer strength, ph and environmental conditions are they in. It’s pretty hard to give an answer with just the info provided.

7 Likes

Agreed with @FirstCavApache64 kinda hard to tell without that info. Judging by how leaves are yellowing slightly I’d agree your light is probably to low.

4 Likes

Need all of the info, but looks like they’re getting pushed hard and underfed. Looks like they’re struggling handling the light intensity, but who knows what’s going on with feeds and everything.

6 Likes

Definitely need some food imo, hard to gauge anything without the info though as all my other homies have said, the tops are definitely screaming something at you.

6 Likes

I’ve had similar could be lockout. Do you use ro water by chance. Or a lot of cal mag ?

3 Likes

Provide as many details as possible about your grow method, fertilizer, light schedule etc.

It’s like walking into a doctor’s office and expecting a diagnosis based on them looking at your face without any further info. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Bio365 Bloom soil
Fed RO water every 3 days @6.2 ph.
Just started adding Terp Tea and molasses last week @600 ppm.
Just added GH Micro and Bloom nutes last night @500 ppm
VPD varies from 1.5 to 1.8
80-85° with 45-50% RH
4x4 tent
5 gallon buckets

1 Like

I’d raise the ph of your feed/water and shoot for 6.3-6.5 if possible. That’s a pretty high VPD and I’d try to get the temperature down a little to ease the pressure they’re under at that level. I try to stay around 1.0 VPD in veg and then let it go up as I get into flower. My guess is it’s a combination of light stress, VPD being a little high and possibly a lack of food. Raising the light a little bit and easing the VPD down will give them a chance to recover. I’m not familiar with the soil you use but by flower I’m trying to run 700-1000 ppm depending on the strain and how it looks. Hope this helps some.

4 Likes

I’ve used Bio365 stuff. The red label bag. Can’t remember the name. Their heaviest one. Those are clones? My Bio365 stuff had no perlite. Those temps and humidity, strong light, and struggling to keep up I’m guessing. Should have them looking good in no time with some liquid feed though.

Edit: BioBloom is what I used. I was feeding it like coco in flower. Got twenty bags for super cheap and it definitely worked well, but then next time I checked it was pricey and especially since it’s not carrying you through or anything.

1 Like

Have you checked your runoff pH? Are you using led? Sorry you probably said I don’t remember.

1 Like

Wait so praying leaves are a bid thing now?

1 Like

Yeah, the leaf is trying to take in less light. It’s just on the edge of too much. You can absolutely get away with it with the feed and everything else fine. Just lets you know you’re pushing them to the max and any mistake will be quicker to show and stuff. These just didn’t have enough food and I don’t know about using plain RO water. Never used it myself. Thought you need to slightly buffer it to be able to pH it, but I have no clue. These just look a little hungry though to me.

5 Likes

I PH at or below 6 in both Pro-Mix (peat) and Coco. Looks a bit underfed and maybe mild lockout.

Cool cross! I bet they will turn out to be stunners. You’ve got this fix covered, and you will have a bountiful harvest, bud!

3 Likes

I’d give them a decent feed of your GH nutes and let them get a good amount of runoff. I’m guessing they’ll be happy quickly. Feed them the nutes every time until you’re tapering or flushing or however you finish them up. Best of luck!

Edit: If you wanted to stay more organic and natural, I’m guessing you could brew a tea with that Terp Tea and get them healthy too. A soil or organics person can help you out there. Also, I always stay at 78* or below in flower after stretch. Problems pop up when the humidity is lower and the temps are high like that.

3 Likes

I am only a beginner

however my thought would be if it was my plants.

they are eating up the nutrients stored in the leafs due to inability to access nutrients in medium - or Lack there of ☆

3 Likes

I see your point, but normally new growth takes the mobile nutrients from the old and lower leaves that yellow. No such leaves because of defoliation so no nutes reservoirs if hungry.

Anyway I’m with the light stress diagnostic, as it only happens in the top, lower leaves looks healthier, in case of deficiency I would go for Sulfur … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Just found out that I didn’t send this… ugh…

Thank you for all involved!
I believe… this was a PH issue. Not liking my Bluelab. Grr.
Take things gradually… Relax…
Burn and Learn…
Honestly, the less time in the garden the better.
I panicked, OH shit, what do I do…
Seasoned growers go through shit.
My point. Grow.Listen, Learn.
Every grow is different.

2 Likes