First time questions

So I have two spotted lime autos going started around Christmas there in a 2x1.5x2 cab there in all. Natural organic living soil had been watering from top switched to feeding from a bottom tray soil motisure seems good and 6.0 pH from my well water light are about 1…5 ft away have two 60 watt LED lights there on 20x4 cylce now and planned to switch to 18x6 in a couple weeks like reccomended by someone who has grown these it’s reading temps are staying 80 to 85 humidity is around 30 give or take at times. My bigger one on left has been doing these almost droopy curls since they got moved to the cab about 1.5 weeks ago I originally thought was from getting moved to the cab once had functionable but I’ve go my fans coming to the door today and was hoping to make the enviirment more stable with that I was originally thinking heat stress also but I’m seeing more plants with nitrogen toxic leafs looking like my bigger one but my smaller one seems to be looking better just not as fast before I go looking any further into it with being first time and all thought I’d ask the pros so here I am any input much helpful and appreciated

7 Likes

If you look at my thread, you can see why I offer this advice only; LITFA. I didn’t understand the extent, and I still don’t.

3 Likes

The 1st word that popped into my head looking at the photo was “over-watered?”
There are other things that will do that but that’s the easiest to check and eliminate.

So your RH is 30%? Any chance of bumping that up a little? 80~85F sounds a little high. I’d suggest dropping 5F, that will help a little with the RH.

How are you deciding on when and how much to water? weight of the pot?

I’m with CD on this, LIFTA and observe.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

I actually looked at yours first bc sounded very similar and as you said I just googled litfa

4 Likes

@Gpaw I was doing based of top in. Of soil but has been every couple days but I am starting to bottom water on next water based on the neighborly neighbors advice of roots should be deep enough to handle that now but have been looking into getting humidity up as well

2 Likes

The nutrition looks excellent. Looks overwatered. LITFA is an acronymn we use here which stands for “Leave It The Fuck Alone” lol

3 Likes

I guess you didn’t pick up your complementary bottle when you came in…

Here ya go!

LITFA

:sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

8 Likes

I love it! LITFA! Yeah, I agree these the other gentlemen who have already posted. Let your pots dry out more in between waterings. You can even let them dry all the way out. When the plants begin to wilt…then water again. When the leaves are curled down like that and color is still good…it usually indicates either a root problem, wich could be because of overwatering.
Just my two cents. Hope all works out out for you.

4 Likes

I wish I left them alone man, I really do. The ones that got better drainage are growing out well. I actually screwed up at the same stage, moving to bottom watering. I’m just going off the darkness of the soil and that deep kinda velvety look of the leaves. Definitely looks like mine did for a few weeks before turning for the worse. I was surprised how long they tolerated it. They even grew pretty well during that time. Silent killer of the grow tent!

A cool mist humidifier would probably see high rh and lower temps, as mentioned.

4 Likes

Deffinatly over water you live you learn I pulled the pots earlier got rid of water in my bottom trays. Which good roots it looks like and plants are still gradually growing more and more each day. Smaller pots with space restriction so shouldn’t take long to dry soil back out and find the sweet spot of watering.

1 Like

@Meesh yeah I’ve told all about the litfa haven’t quite got all these abrevations figured out felt a bit special when realized what I was googling.

1 Like

To be honest I sort of figured I’d kill the first two I put in here so I’m already past my expectations lol

3 Likes

I expected similar, then I had a small jungle. Then I killed half in the least expected way. Growing pains. I’ve killed more plants by caring for them than neglecting them, lol.

4 Likes

Best plant I ever got was a gift 6 months later no water and then was still going. So far I’ve left them alone for most part other than water and staring lol just a little bit of to much of one of those it seems

2 Likes

Looks like the soil could be improved in the aeration area looks to be dense some Organics stuff can be really dense and hold on to more water lighten it up with perilite , or vermiculite like substance sand could be used in a pinch also I just think the roots are in too wet of an environment to be happy that’s my 2cents

Oh and I’m not seeing N TOX at all so your good there

3 Likes

@Tinytuttle Thank I thought the soil looked a bit compact to so I fluffed the pots along the side later when drained my water tray we will see here over the next week how those minor things play into but I’ll have to look into the pertile and sand thou for next go around thanks to everyone elses thoughts to

1 Like

When ya up pot into a bigger one put more aeration in at that time you could even knock some soil off the roots a bit and mix that into the mix as well

1 Like

How small are these pots?

@Tinytuttle To be honest not sure on size 5in by 5in I’d say and with smaller box I cut holes to drop to bottom drawer for more room so why I’m looking more at bottom feeding bc can crack drawer to add water as needed bc tray completely fills drawer but they got started in half size as that by my neighborly sensei and from my understanding he fills bigger pot with soil around the original pot pulls and transplants right in hole I’ve already got roots goin thru bottom and where my over feed came in bc hadn’t been paying attention to that side of it yet
Also double thanks bc I have been trying to find your tiny turtles but couldn’t remember name till saw it

1 Like

What brand did you use? I’m having similar issue with mine. I will be adding pearlite to it, it holds too much water. I got it real fluffy dry but after a couple watering it sank.

1 Like