Cheap Light + Tent low budget Any ideas?

Hey guys, My tent is 2x2 and im currently running a spider farmer 90 watt LED.

I’m looking for suggestions on a cheap light around the 75 dollar range ( if possible , new or used haha )

I doubt I could squeeze a 3x3 in on this budget too but I’m all ears !!

I’m thinking about getting this mars hyrdro as extra light for the tent ( and I dont mind opening the tent some to grow larger plants if need be ) :

https://www.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Spectrum-Hydroponic-Greenhouse/dp/B07VL8FZS1/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1B4CEAM0LDLYG&keywords=mars+hydro+grow+light&qid=1699398097&sprefix=mars+hytdro%2Caps%2C135&sr=8-6&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

I have also considered this one because of the dimmer but never heard of them : https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Upgraded-Spectrum-Dimmable-Hydroponic/dp/B083JVXHF6/ref=sr_1_5?crid=9JOJEMCD2QLF&keywords=grow+light+viparspectra&qid=1699398154&sprefix=grow+light+v%2Caps%2C126&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

1 Like

I had some nice harvests with my ts600s
Here’s a couple.

11 Likes

looks great ! I like how it has the shield that directs the light down rather than super spread out and in my eyes haha.

pairing this with a spider farmer of similar power should be great :stuck_out_tongue:

Man I gotta try DWC sometime

1 Like

That is really nice @joheimgrohen
Was that in a tent?

2 Likes

$75 would get you a new 100 watt LED from Mars Hydro or similar, like the one you have linked first. Definitely a decent starter light. I use a couple of them. Not a perfect spectrum, but powerful and reliable.

2 Likes

Yep, they were in a 4x3 together with a light a piece, so maybe they weren’t strictly 100w harvests. @BeTheLight Would you believe i started in DWC? Those were back in 2019 i think. I won some commercial grade lights and have dispersed all but one of my ts600s. I keep it for memory and emergency backup.

2 Likes

Honestly, as an owner of both the 600 and the 1000…spend the extra $25 and get the 1000…it has a dimmer, so you can dim it down if needed…trust me…I’m too poor to buy cheap things…get the ts1000. It’s a very noticeable difference in light output.

3 Likes

does that vesperata seem compareable to the ts1000?

lol I misspelled that badly

Yeah, their very similar.

1 Like

Pretty damn good for $100
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PV87W9H/ref=sspa_mw_detail_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWw&th=1

1 Like

Damn thats a great deal , Might have to try and get that one instead !!

Seeing that all the review photos are of pot , thats promising too :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Fuckin Jimi out here growing 6 footers with 200 watts…lol…why isn’t he here…lol

1 Like

Nah for real bro LOL fucking Jimi Man . Thats killer

Granted he’s usin 2

1 Like

Jimi needs to get in here and breakdown his medium and nutes and answer other questions…

But bethelight should buy that light…lol

1 Like

I agree get a dimmable. I have both the ts600 and ts1000. It can be difficult to get the ts600 high enough in my 2’x 2’ tent. It’s only four feet high.

1 Like

Take a look at this site for some solid background info and detailed reviews of current LED lights.

Grow Light Guide - Coco For Cannabis

I’ve had excellent results with ViparSpectra lights, the XS Pro series is lensed for great light distribution. Good value for the money, I have been using these for several years now and would buy another if needed.

-Grouchy

3 Likes

That’s good to hear. Migro had a glowing review up on YouTube for those lights.

I’m hoping for a Black Friday sale on those.

1 Like