2018's Oh-Sh#t Moments - What's yours?

This is the moment’s when I’m not saying nice thing. Had a bad wind storm that took out a gold leaf mail that I was going to breed with and then i found sum mold. Not good times.

8 Likes

Great thread idea! I’m sure we’ll see some doozies here!

Off the top of my head… @argo945 has some Hail damaged pics to show :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I, too, have had two major storm events in the last two weeks. No pics but lots of wind damage to the ones not in cages. I’m going to cage them all next year!! It seems like the LST measures I took, while increasing overall production, have made a weaker plant. Sixty mile an hour winds are not exactly normal😀. Oh yeah one more…had a helper apply actinovate as a preventive with a foliar feeding and he mixed strong something the girls did not like. I about came unglued when I came home but the girls bounced back two days later.

1 Like

shes trying

4 Likes

Dropped light on one of my girls breaking two substantial branches. Glad no one was around to see a grown man tear up LOL. Heart sunk

6 Likes

Put out 16 plants this summer… have battled slugs, mealy bugs, and other unknown leaf munchers. Lost 2 as young plants and the other 8 losses were males. I had 4 males at or around 6 ft beginning of August. So sad to see them go. Grabbed a few pollen sac laden branches and took them home to collect pollen. Went back to pollinate my two nicest plants and found my best formed gsc snapped in half and dried out completely… But I for sure pollinated branches on all of my 4 remaining females. Luckily for me I had one gsc female left to continue the line. Also made an interesting cross of gsc x (blackberry x super lemon haze). I’m really bummed to lose that nice gsc female cuz she was gonna be done by end of September for sure. Hoping that trait will still be in there using the smaller one I had left. Growing guerilla is not for everyone hahaha. At least for me all hope is not gone yet. I feel bad for those with more loss than myself this year.

5 Likes

snapped the stem when LST’ing… taped and tied it back and it’s healing extremely well… but yeah, when it happened I kind of freaked out

4 Likes

Well I killed 30 of @reikox fem autos before I got one to actually grow so, I would say my OS moments have been pretty much my whole growing season this year

5 Likes

Hope things get better for you brother really need to look at the idea of a greenhouse winter style… Look at the link I sent you long ago. Thermal mass as well as stacking a huge mulch pile on the northern exposed side. The guy got ridiculous heat Temps from the decomposing mulch pile. Unbelievable heat source to maintain temps. Proven to work in extreme climates. Guy runs his greenhouse in dead winter with snow cover pretty deep. Along with black 55 gal drums of water for thermal mass. Solar heat battery basically!

2 Likes

I was lucky in my misfortune … beginning of mold but at the end of flowering, at the moment of cutting ^^

1 Like

we still have some more months to fuck up…so i’m holding my :spades: :clubs: :hearts: :diamonds: :black_joker: cards for now… :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes