Biggest growing goof

@Foreigner ’s first grow thread got me thinking of all the funny (at least in hindsight) mistakes I’ve made over the years and figured everyone here had some fun stories.

Let’s hear about the time you dimmed your lights to foliar and then went out of town for 2 days with them at 10%.

You left your tub running to fill up your water bucket while you went out for a toke?

Grabbed the wrong spray bottle…? :rofl:

Share your biggest, best or funniest f’up :+1:

Mine was a close one. I was a youngster living in a 2nd floor apt with my rigged up rdwc system in an ikea cabinet…. Came home from work to about 20 gallons of water spread all over my kitchen. Luckily I was over the parking and didn’t ruin anyone’s place!

10 Likes

I was dumb enough to think an abandoned house would be a good place for a grow. Nope. Ripped.

9 Likes

Then there was the time I thought it would be a good idea to dig holes in a public ravine. Helicopter, squad cars, narrow escape.

4 Likes

That’s pretty bad! Ya, probably not the best spot for a grow :joy:

They took all the equipment I’m guessing?

1 Like

It was outdoor. They left neat little holes in the ground. Good shovelling technique.

2 Likes

Those darn professionals….

1 Like

I remember thinking “c’mon guys it’s not that much work to start your own seedlings.” Fools.

3 Likes

Civil servants.

1 Like

I filled up my 5 gallon buckets, but forgot to hook them up to the pump, so it siphoned all back onto the floor. I was like why is the roof leaking? :rofl:

5 Likes

Drawing a pension for stealing my seedlings…

2 Likes

I just dumped a seedling over onto its head. It did not survive, which is to say I could not find it. Probably not the biggest growing goof I’ve ever made, but it’s definitely the most immediate! Shitfucksticks.

2 Likes

I snapped a tap root the other day. Just replanted it. Seems fine.

1 Like

Lol. Sounds like you were still at home at least!

2 Likes

Sometimes I like to think about these guys…

https://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n0410/04noaanreport/

…and remember everything will be alright :+1:

3 Likes

Just put it into orbit no big deal.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was later that evening. I went to the bathroom getting ready for bed, and I see shimmering on the floor. I’m glad it didn’t reach anything electrical.

3 Likes

First grow back, went on a 12 day road trip.
Had a plant sitter.
Digital timer failed and plants went from 6 weeks flower, to 24/0 light cycle for 10 days.
Ugly reveg, harvested at 14 weeks and she still wasn’t done.
6 oz. from a single plant scrogged in a 2x2x4, but def. not top shelf, if you know what I mean. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I struggled with overwatering plants for a while, thankfully never to a huge degree. but I often think about how the first grows could have been so much healthier and produced bigger more potent buds. There was never enough weed. AAAGGHH!!!

2 Likes

When i ran Hydro Farm buckets i had 60 , a 300 gallon tank upstairs to mix in. Went to fill it, forgot about it for 6 hours. Came home …62,000 dollars damage, i did NOT call insurance co.

Dimmed lights for foliar…left at 10% power for a week during flower before i noticed it.

a bunch of other floods n spils too…SO GLAD i ditched the dro…SO GLAD!!!

5 Likes

Having gallons and gallons of potential leaks makes me extra nervous. Maybe it’s because I live in a condo but still…

4 Likes