2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

I’m still hopeful that we can find an apprentice or 2 to work closely with Sebring, which is also what he wants.

From the perspective of a grower in the US who is not in a legal state, I like the system Sebring has in place. It allows me to send him my beans for distribution, which saves me the risk and considerably higher shipping costs of international shipping (compared to domestic shipping).

For the record, I’m still sitting on a bunch of BOG LifeSaver seeds I made for you guys months ago. I’ve been trying to get confirmation from Sebring that he’ll handle distribution, but we all know how that’s going. If it’s decided that the grower has to ship beans to each international distributor, I’ll probably just end up sending them to members in the US. Not ideal, which is why I said I’m hopeful we can find an apprentice or 2 to work with Sebring.

Also - please stop tagging Sebring by using his “@” in this thread. He’s already overwhelmed, and tagging him is only making things worse for him.

25 Likes

I’m not talking to Doug either. I have a seed run going right now. There are almost 100 people showing interest (98 likes, wonder what happens when it hits 100) and depending how my world spins I might do another one yet this year. I never thought I might be sending out hundreds of letters. Would not be the death of me but I have my own troubles that I am trying to work through.

@cannabissequoia

So in doing a seed run the grower covers the cost of sending to all that have an interest in the seeds?

8 Likes

I wish I were the right person to step up and help Sebring. But sadly, organization is not one of my skill set strengths.

Lifesaver :drooling_face:

:robot:

4 Likes

That’s what I did & it should be up to the giver, I think.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Not sure if I would be willing to shell out a 200-300 hundred dollars. I would be out of the game.

4 Likes

lol…at least you know it and don’t get yourself in trouble by over-committing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can always participate in my Seedurday thread. I have contests to give away at least one pack of seeds at least once per week - and recently, they’ve been the BOG LifeSaver F2’s.

9 Likes

It only makes sense for the recipients to cover the cost of shipping so the grower isn’t out the shipping costs. How you want to accept that payment would be up to you tho. This is why you pay Sebring shipping, and then $2 per strain. $2 per strain per person covers the cost of stamps and envelopes. At least inside the US.

12 Likes

I have no way of accepting payment. I am just a humble worker bee.

6 Likes

I’d help you out @bunny

We live close enough that we could make something work. That being said, sending to Doug is going to be the ticket I do believe.

6 Likes

I agree with @Purple-N-Hairy , I don’t feel this system is broken, it just needs some adjustment. I like having Sebring as the US hub and also feel it will go much better when he get’s the help he requested. It is an incredible burden for one person to do on their own. Him choosing the help he needs would ensure that this does not happen again. While I have made suggestions for how to get by the current road blocks I have also said I am all for leaving the system that does work in place with a few tweaks. As far as I am concerned Sebring is the man and I have no desire to see that change.

That is not the way this is meant to work and I think all that would do is take away many seed runs. The person putting in the time, effort and money to do a seed run for the community should not bare the costs of shipping as well. There is a current system in place that allows for the cost of the breeder sending to the distributor to be refunded.

Sorry but calling this thread a cancer seems wrong. Folks have gathered to respectfully give their opinions. While that has lead to some differing opinions it seems perfectly fine to have open communication and hear from anyone who wants to give their thoughts. From what I get in the second part of your comment is you don’t want any more co-ops? That seems like a huge over correction when the reality is that the only issue here has been 1 user having some personal problems that have caused some delays. This is also just my opinions and at the end of the day mean no more than yours or anyone else’s.

Look all, I know everyone has an opinion and they are all valid. Let’s just all continue to be patient and respectful of each other while things get sorted out please.

21 Likes

Part of the problem in rejigging all this if necessary is that it would be hard to find a person as trusted and respected as sebring . Motr and Hugh glass were both very active and both had many likes and people put at lot of value in trusting them until Hugh took 3000 seeds bought by members for himself and motr disappeared with a whole seasons USA seed box distribution.

4 Likes

There are at least a couple of individuals that have indicated their willingness to support Sebring’s efforts stateside. Let that play out with some time for Sebring to respond to them. If it becomes time critical, then some alternate or temporary solutions can be imagined. It’s not the end of the world as there will be/are individuals available to support an effort either short term or longer term.

Packages crossing borders multiple times should be avoided. Details for participants should likewise be limited to the local distributor on a need to know basis.

Hugh stole as there was significant cash involved with group buys. It was elaborate and unexpected with a number of theories as to what actually happened. What happened with MOTR remains unknown but we do not see that as a theft situation.

37 Likes

I agree 100% with everything you said @Northern_Loki , thanks for your input, you as always are a guiding light.

14 Likes

I don’t want to stop anyone from doing what they like to do…but I would be so happy to hear this seed exchanges go to invitation only private messages…

6 Likes

While I can appreciate the topic going to PM for several reasons, all of these co-op seed runs were conducted “in the open” (not via PM threads or in the Private Lounge), just like this thread.

There were numerous seed runs, each with a hundred or more participants. A lot of people received their boxes, but a lot people haven’t. Knowing who to invite would be quite a significant task, and this thread is already allowing most of the interested members to receive updates and follow along.

15 Likes

I think its too much work for a single individual personally. Add on outside stressors and we’ll be burning through the NEXT Sebring who steps up to do the massive work as Sebring has done to this point. We’re all OG right? I am for a less centralized approach with distro handled by more people stepping up, which sounds like is happening as we speak. Obviously the same people doing seed runs shouldn’t have to also distro, but credit to anyone that steps up and does it. Maybe offer an Overgrow badge to people who distro a run since it seems that part is nearly as crucial as the seeds themselves. Only spitballing idears. I’m sure you old heads will figure this all out.

8 Likes

Are you talking about the co-op runs themselves or just the discussion happening here?

That one I can’t agree with. It certainly is important to have seeds distributed by someone but I can’t put distribution of seeds on the same level as a person spending months working through a seed run. Those people give up their time, space, money and effort for the community to earn that badge. A distributor badge perhaps but not an Overgrow badge. A good place to put suggestions like this would be this thread @Cbizzle

5 Likes

I’m speaking of all seed trades…

6 Likes

Fair point DD. A distro badge would be more appropriate.

1 Like

Don’t you already get a badge for it or just a co-op run?

:green_heart::seedling: