2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

That’s good there’s some contact.

As-is, there is no one accepting seeds for distribution inside the US right now. Rest of the world is working as normal.

I don’t think shipping from the US to Canada (or any other country) for US distribution makes any sense. Boxes from the US to any distributor outside of the US are at least $20 per box. I did a small flat box to Canada earlier and that was around $30. Europe was gonna be $42. Envelopes with coinflip packs should be 1-2 Forever stamps inside the States. Anywhere outside the US is 1-2 Global stamps or 3-6 Forever stamps.

OGer’s and Goji runs are about to be done. Sour diesel run is halfway done. I’m sure there’s a few others.

11 Likes

Well all I can say is costs for breeders to ship seeds to a distributor will be covered. I have no issues taking and distributing things from Canada, it’s not the cost, it’s the risk of seeds being stopped at the border that bothers me. There will be no more distribution till the spring box, other than the completion of the fall box, so we have time but if someone needs to ship their seeds within the US for distribution in a hurry for some reason I will give you the contact of an established and trusted member that will take care of it for you in the US if that’s what it takes to keep folks happy while things are being worked out. The seeds still won’t make it out until the spring box.

All problems have a solution.

16 Likes

Man could you imagine? Someone treks through the jungle, risks life and limb spelunking into caves and old ancient ruins Indiana Jones style to get their hands on the rarest beans on Earth. Smuggles them back to the states, reproduces them, and sends them to you in Canada just for customs to seize them or the rollers to crush them. We need to hurry up and invent teleportation. If we all put our stoner engineering skills together, maybe we could make something like that happen?

Edit: sorry guys the edible kicked in right after I said it wasn’t doing shit

20 Likes

I sent @Sebring an email letting him know I’d be willing to help with anything he needs done but so far haven’t heard anything back. I guess if he needs me he will contact me.

9 Likes

Wow, catching up on the conversation here this morning, and while I have nothing to add in terms of suggestions for logistics or the knowledge and organization needed to lend a hand, the collaboration and number of community members stepping up is amazing.

This is really a special place, and this conversation along with the entire board really shows the love that everyone has for the plant, and the compassion for others on the board!

13 Likes

Yeah but it’s the same risk now. All the Canadian runs and runs from other countries go to Sebring and risk getting seized. Than Sebring sends the boxes to distributors and all risk getting seized. This is the same risk that happens with each run. When I sent my 2 shipments of seeds to Sebring I had the same anxiety. The smart thing is to minimize these risks but they will always be there at some point in the process.

9 Likes

I really do think this would solve 99% if possible issues with sending seeds worldwide :laughing::rofl: …if only

9 Likes

BUT…
What if a fly got in the teleportation chamber with you? Now what?

Hmmmm… they oughta make a movie of that.

11 Likes

Ok so what if someone was just responsible for getting the orders in… then that person only had to take care of the orders and the payments this person would then contact a b or c, whoever is doing the co-op or seed runs. This first person would give the people that are doing the runs the funds for postage etc… and then each person that is doing the seed run would expedite the seeds to the final recipient be it in Canada Europe etc. I understand that it’s to cut costs and all the large quantities of seeds get sent in on go, but it’s always better to gamble on three horses than on one.

Ps @DougDawson it’s not a criticism to you… just talking to you and everyone else :wink:

Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

@TeamOG

This thread is a cancer IMO & all future giveaways should be at the individual level.

Just my .02$

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Jeff goldblums finest :ok_hand:

What if a bud got in there with you… maybe you turned half buds amd end up smoking yourself to death

Just my $10 (inflation, $0.02 ain’t worth shit these days :joy:)

7 Likes

8 Likes

I’m still hopeful that we can find an apprentice or 2 to work closely with Sebring, which is also what he wants.

From the perspective of a grower in the US who is not in a legal state, I like the system Sebring has in place. It allows me to send him my beans for distribution, which saves me the risk and considerably higher shipping costs of international shipping (compared to domestic shipping).

For the record, I’m still sitting on a bunch of BOG LifeSaver seeds I made for you guys months ago. I’ve been trying to get confirmation from Sebring that he’ll handle distribution, but we all know how that’s going. If it’s decided that the grower has to ship beans to each international distributor, I’ll probably just end up sending them to members in the US. Not ideal, which is why I said I’m hopeful we can find an apprentice or 2 to work with Sebring.

Also - please stop tagging Sebring by using his “@” in this thread. He’s already overwhelmed, and tagging him is only making things worse for him.

25 Likes

I’m not talking to Doug either. I have a seed run going right now. There are almost 100 people showing interest (98 likes, wonder what happens when it hits 100) and depending how my world spins I might do another one yet this year. I never thought I might be sending out hundreds of letters. Would not be the death of me but I have my own troubles that I am trying to work through.

@cannabissequoia

So in doing a seed run the grower covers the cost of sending to all that have an interest in the seeds?

8 Likes

I wish I were the right person to step up and help Sebring. But sadly, organization is not one of my skill set strengths.

Lifesaver :drooling_face:

:robot:

4 Likes

That’s what I did & it should be up to the giver, I think.

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Not sure if I would be willing to shell out a 200-300 hundred dollars. I would be out of the game.

4 Likes

lol…at least you know it and don’t get yourself in trouble by over-committing! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You can always participate in my Seedurday thread. I have contests to give away at least one pack of seeds at least once per week - and recently, they’ve been the BOG LifeSaver F2’s.

9 Likes

It only makes sense for the recipients to cover the cost of shipping so the grower isn’t out the shipping costs. How you want to accept that payment would be up to you tho. This is why you pay Sebring shipping, and then $2 per strain. $2 per strain per person covers the cost of stamps and envelopes. At least inside the US.

12 Likes

I have no way of accepting payment. I am just a humble worker bee.

6 Likes