2021 Fall Seed Run Co-op Boxes

If you are making medium to fuckton amounts of seeds, let me introduce you to your new best friend…

ba8d7123b7490897ad944c7a356f6de8
You can diy one out of cardboard, plexiglass, wood or any combos lol

24 Likes

Do you have plex glass on the front? I want to make one. I just have to try to fix the table saw. The hubby ran mine over two times when he got really bad,

7 Likes

So I don’t know if I’m delirious or what but I’m having trouble with this…lol

50 seeds = .9 grams

Total weight = 89.6 grams

Soo I take 89.6 / .9 = 99.56 sets of 50 yeah?

99.56 x 50 = 4,978. That can’t be right?

18 Likes

Math looks good to me…

10 Likes

Not my pic but yep plexiglass on the front, makes it easier to see if there’s a problem ie vacuum too strong/ too weak

4 Likes

Yep 5000 seeds

5 Likes

I think you’re set! :crazy_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Nice job man!

7 Likes

#1) Weight 50 seeds alone & (write down that #)
Example: 60g

#2) Weight ALL seeds again separately & (write down that #) Example: 100g

Take total weight of (100g) of all seeds and (Times x it ) by the number 60 = tottal number of seeds…

Example: 60 X 100 = 6000

I was mistaken when I explained it at first & sorry for the confusion @Eagles009 @G-paS

9 Likes

Well if you’re taking the time to weigh each seed why not just count them as you do it lol :rofl: jk, I know what you meant

But seriously, something about this doesn’t make sense to me

Shouldn’t you divide the total weigh of all seeds by the weight of the 50 seeds and then times that number by 50

11 Likes

Haha probably :rofl: it’s been a while since I’ve done this

3 Likes

50 seeds = .9 grams
x seeds = 89.6 grams

x = 4.997 :exploding_head:

8 Likes

Solve for x where x = hell yeah!

So now I wait on Sebring to respond to tags here or should I contact him personally in some fashion? I have a minute to wait while seeds dry out anyway.

7 Likes

90/0.9 = 100 x0.04 = 4 so 5000 - 4 = 4996

5 Likes

This math hurts my head

3 Likes

The numbers are not surprising bud. I believe I got around 15,000 from my PPP run. It is truly amazing when you start seeing thousands, great job man…

10 Likes

Ok someone bring a math trophy for Herbie :joy:

8 Likes

Depending on how big a hurry I’m in, I’ll weigh out 5-10 separate 1 gram piles of seeds, then I count each pile to get an average # of seeds per gram, then multiply that number by total weight of seeds. Don’t forget to include the grams you weighed out to get your average. Yeah, you have to count some seeds, but if you’re talking 10-12K seeds, it’s a lot faster.

Yeah, I got 11,500 Maui Mango Haze seeds from 5 seeded females that were about 3 1/2-4 1/2ft tall. :grinning:

@Mithridate, I made one of those sorters, but I haven’t got it dialed in yet. I haven’t had enough seeds to really give it a go, but it did OK on a couple of tests. The plans are written differently than I’m used to, but if I can build one, anybody can. :v:
:guitar:

14 Likes

The big issue I found is plucking out the white and green seeds. That was the only part that was really annoying to me anyway and I cant see this machine helping with that.

2 Likes

Actually, it was designed to separate viable/non-viable seeds, and if it’s dialed in right, it does a great job. If you think about it, a fully formed mature seed is much heavier than an immature whitey, especially if you wait until they’re dry. And remember, just because a seed is white doesn’t mean it’s no good. If it passes the crush test, it’s probably viable.

The plans and a video are here: DIY Seed Cleaner Aspirator from RealSeeds. They also have a gallery of other people’s builds. In fact, they ask you to send in a picture of yours, and they’ll post it. I may send them a picture of mine. :grinning:

One note, if you pull down the plans, get the metric one that’s shown on the page. There’s a link below it to an SAE version, but it’s not as accurate.

I’m not very skilled at making things like this, so it took me about 4 days to build. If you have skills, you could probably do it in a day. :vulcan_salute:
:guitar:

17 Likes

WOW! I shouldn’t have pollenated the other two females.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes