2023 "Field of Dreams"

Trim Jail Diary Day 2:

More trimming today, did another tray and a half of IBG. I’m going to get much more picky about what I hand trim. I’ve been setting aside about 50% of each cola for the bowl trimmer, if it’s small, loose, whatever. I want my hand-trim to be the best shit. And even though I feel like I’m doing a shitty job, fuck me it takes forever. Almost forgot about how much work this was.

Anyway, got the bowl trimmer setup. I was skeptical, so I’m posting all these pictures to help anyone that may be considering one. Summary first cause I’m a “blunt” sorta dude - I wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Here’s my second load or something, note that I probably would have just thrown this away last year or if this bowl trimmer didn’t work…there’s a lot of it, smalls and airy stuff:

Few cranks in, I landed on a few twists either way alternating at a speed that keeps the nugglets flying around in the bowl:

Pardon my messy bench. Lots of shit piles up in the shed.

Here’s a trimmed bud that woulda gotten tossed in the compost pile, redemption to smokable product:

Looks like fucking dispo bud. Damn. I’ve wasted half of my harvests tossing shit because it didn’t seem worth trimming. I’ve got a QP Grove stuffed with just these little nugglets of IBG now. Does it knock off some of the trichs? Yeah, of course. Not a crazy amount. For the result vs. time and cost…this is a no brainer. I feel like such an idiot. Most of the people I give weed to buy at the dispos they would prefer this to my hand trim. The little pieces look exactly the same as what you get when you buy a few grams. I don’t really buy dispo bud anymore for obvious reasons but tons of people do. To be fair, growing can be a little bit of a pain in the ass.

Best $70 I ever spent. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PH4VQTW/ it was $70 shipped. I realize it’s of little utility now because you can’t buy it anymore but that’s the one I have. I opted for the ghetto unbanded one because it looked identical to the AC Infinity/Vevosun models. 0 Regrets. I just wish I did that a year ago, and tried it earlier. The remaining trays I’m going to be much more discriminatory about what I hand trim and most is going to get bowl trimmed. Half a pound of primo buds is easily going to last me a year or two each cultivar. BOWL ME

Anyway, the IBG and 907 that got bagged up yesterday. Smelling incredible. Here’s the two stash Groves, although there’s 3 IBG QPs so far, only one pictured.

Nug close-ups (IBG Left, 907 Right):

Happy with this. The IBG is the real deal. Just sitting in the bag for 24 hours it’s creeping up to the @ColeLennon sample smell. The 907 smells like a fruit pie. Not necessarily blueberry, but some mixed berry thing I think. I’ve gotta crack open a Hella Jelly sack and compare, if you didn’t tell me and just wafted the 907 Grove in front of my face I’d think it was the Hella Jelly. And I slept good last night conked out with the 907 vape bowl. STOKED.

Successful season even if lighting strikes the Panalawi and I can’t do anything else. But definately have another morning of trim jail to get this IBG out of the cabinet. And I’ve got another round of harvest to do on the 907. Larfy stuff that’s turning really nice.

907 yesterday morning, 4 of those mini-colas should be chock full of seeds:

IBG also has a few little extra-ripe nugs and a few seed branches left:

This is how I feel right now:

Cheers everyone, have a great weekend! Sucessful harvests all around!

17 Likes