2023 "Field of Dreams"

I don’t have a lot of experience with Kush plants @ColeLennon, but I did grow one of @THCeed’s Wreckage Master Bastard Kush… creations and its the plant of the Summer so far.

Hanging, Stinking wonderfully :dash:

If your at all curious, let me know

4 Likes

I have so much I want to grow. Not enough outdoor or indoor days in a year. I need 15 more lifetimes and 10’xs the space. :sunglasses: :metal:

4 Likes

Wmbk were done in 8.5 weeks !

Bonus anywhere !

4 Likes

I had asked openly about plants that could be recommended for a Very exposed and Windy area…

Both the US22 and WMBK were immediately mentioned by THc.
It’s a Wind Turbine corridor…

They thrived

5 Likes

Thats part of my own pleasure in collecting these seeds. Is making them available to my Friends… i still get exposed to these cultivars, without having any grow pressure or expectations. (Always helping, but you know what I mean)

And when I have an Inventory like this and a Plant is amazing… well here we are.

Happy to do it guys !

~ d

3 Likes

I’ll try to measure her when I get back to trimming later. I’m guessing the tall colas are beyond 10’.

I like knowing that things are durable outdoors now more than ever. I’m handing out some seeds as well, taking a page out of your book @MissinBissin

5 Likes

Don’t forget that IBG smoke report.

(You forgot already, didn’t you).

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

You should post a picture of it on the contest thread.

3 Likes

Went out and trimmed the 907 Blue Genes this afternoon. I’ve got about 5oz from her. Just ground up a nug and vaped in my Pax 3.

She had some more seeds going on than IBG but similar. Again a mix of mature and juvenile seeds. Few more than I found in the IBG, which is consistent with pollinating her on two occasions. Working with pollen is all new to me, so I expected some mistakes to be made. It’s a totally reasonable amount though, maybe 1 seed per 3-5 grams or so. Thank fuck I didn’t spill more :smile:

Ahh. First new homegrown of the 2023 season. I may have gone a little too hard :joy:

Tasted like earthy hash with a pleasant berry syrup thing going on. If that makes sense. My lower eyelids feel like weighted blankets. I feel a dull sensation radiating down my legs. A powerful desire to stay reclined. And a grin on my face :sunglasses:

I really hope the Shiskaberry pollination took well, that’ll be a really fantastic duo. :fire:

Change of plans tonight. Tomorrow :+1::sunglasses:

12 Likes

Trim Jail Diary Day 2:

More trimming today, did another tray and a half of IBG. I’m going to get much more picky about what I hand trim. I’ve been setting aside about 50% of each cola for the bowl trimmer, if it’s small, loose, whatever. I want my hand-trim to be the best shit. And even though I feel like I’m doing a shitty job, fuck me it takes forever. Almost forgot about how much work this was.

Anyway, got the bowl trimmer setup. I was skeptical, so I’m posting all these pictures to help anyone that may be considering one. Summary first cause I’m a “blunt” sorta dude - I wish I would have gotten one sooner.

Here’s my second load or something, note that I probably would have just thrown this away last year or if this bowl trimmer didn’t work…there’s a lot of it, smalls and airy stuff:

Few cranks in, I landed on a few twists either way alternating at a speed that keeps the nugglets flying around in the bowl:

Pardon my messy bench. Lots of shit piles up in the shed.

Here’s a trimmed bud that woulda gotten tossed in the compost pile, redemption to smokable product:

Looks like fucking dispo bud. Damn. I’ve wasted half of my harvests tossing shit because it didn’t seem worth trimming. I’ve got a QP Grove stuffed with just these little nugglets of IBG now. Does it knock off some of the trichs? Yeah, of course. Not a crazy amount. For the result vs. time and cost…this is a no brainer. I feel like such an idiot. Most of the people I give weed to buy at the dispos they would prefer this to my hand trim. The little pieces look exactly the same as what you get when you buy a few grams. I don’t really buy dispo bud anymore for obvious reasons but tons of people do. To be fair, growing can be a little bit of a pain in the ass.

Best $70 I ever spent. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09PH4VQTW/ it was $70 shipped. I realize it’s of little utility now because you can’t buy it anymore but that’s the one I have. I opted for the ghetto unbanded one because it looked identical to the AC Infinity/Vevosun models. 0 Regrets. I just wish I did that a year ago, and tried it earlier. The remaining trays I’m going to be much more discriminatory about what I hand trim and most is going to get bowl trimmed. Half a pound of primo buds is easily going to last me a year or two each cultivar. BOWL ME

Anyway, the IBG and 907 that got bagged up yesterday. Smelling incredible. Here’s the two stash Groves, although there’s 3 IBG QPs so far, only one pictured.

Nug close-ups (IBG Left, 907 Right):

Happy with this. The IBG is the real deal. Just sitting in the bag for 24 hours it’s creeping up to the @ColeLennon sample smell. The 907 smells like a fruit pie. Not necessarily blueberry, but some mixed berry thing I think. I’ve gotta crack open a Hella Jelly sack and compare, if you didn’t tell me and just wafted the 907 Grove in front of my face I’d think it was the Hella Jelly. And I slept good last night conked out with the 907 vape bowl. STOKED.

Successful season even if lighting strikes the Panalawi and I can’t do anything else. But definately have another morning of trim jail to get this IBG out of the cabinet. And I’ve got another round of harvest to do on the 907. Larfy stuff that’s turning really nice.

907 yesterday morning, 4 of those mini-colas should be chock full of seeds:

IBG also has a few little extra-ripe nugs and a few seed branches left:

This is how I feel right now:

Cheers everyone, have a great weekend! Sucessful harvests all around!

17 Likes

Beautiful buds :+1:

I dread trimming while I’m doing it (schedule pressure), and I miss it a day after I’m done.

4 Likes

Nice brother. I definitely want to grow shit next year that is open structure and easier to trim. Blueberry muffin is outstanding and like trimming nothing its all colas. Day 6 drying for me. Its nice to just leave them alone. Rest for the wicked.

4 Likes

That’s amazing how it cleans up the larfy and popcorn buds! The compost pile?:exploding_head:. Why not has or tinture or edible? Glad you found a tool that really helps with time and amount of usual production. Might have to look into one if those looks beautiful. You said amazon doesn’t carry but what is the brand and model # of the bowl trimmer you got?

P.s. why is it called larf or larfy is that an acronym?

3 Likes

@Coda and @ColeLennon I’ll be happy when it’s over but I know this is all just a warmup for Panalawi. She should be an easy trim but she’s got some weight cooking. We’ll see whether I miss it or not :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@420noob it’s linked there you just can’t buy the exact same one. Larf to me means just the airy little popcorn buds that didn’t get good enough light. If you have a decent size plant it’s pretty easy to chuck away stuff you don’t want to deal with. Wasteful? Sure. I wish it was easier to give away, I would

4 Likes

We just send the wonderful trimmings into Butter production… I’ve the same spinner here in Cannaba

2 Likes

Lol thanks I knew what kind of buds larf represented. Just didn’t know if it meant Light, Airy, Ridiculous, Fluffy or something like that.:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I think you Nailed it Noob

3 Likes

Love it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Light, airy, ridiculous and fluffy :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Shit like this sure makes me smile. Thanks so much for saying that.

3 Likes

Great looking harvest @FieldEffect ! Keep up the good work!

2 Likes