2023 "Field of Dreams"

Thanks @Radicle_Reefer!

Trim Jail Diary Day 3:

Got the last of the IBG trimmed and bagged. I’m sitting on about 20 ounces dry, trimmed and ready-to-smoke. This meant the dry cabinet was empty. I harvested the remainder of the IBG which yielded a tray of nice-looking small buds. I also chopped the smalls from the 907, and got a fat tray. Nice nugs for the most part, they weren’t huge and mostly unaffected by mold. Probably another 2 ounces there.

My totals should be sitting in the range of 20-22 ounces of IBG, and 6-7 ounces of 907. Nothing to complain about there. While I had a batch of wash water out I chopped some skinny side colas from the Panalawi. Just in case something horrible happens when I’m out of town next week. They’re not ready yet but I don’t want to be totally empty handed. Better to have a lighter yield than get greedy and lose it all. The plant can’t even notice these missing, I certainly can’t tell where they came from.

907 Left, Panalawi Right:

I’ve been a busy bee today. Made some more DHP candies. This time I got a small ice cube mold with squares that are exactly 1mL, convenient for dosing.

I decided to go with Blueberry flavor (almost like I have a thing for that or something :rofl:). In order to ensure even distribution of the extract I filled with my calculated quantity of DHP extract (2.5mL at 400mg/mL) for 300mL of candies - 3.3mg per candy so eat 3 for 10mg. I’m a lightweight I just want a little something extra sometimes so will probably usually just have 1 candy during the day. Also added 2mL of blueberry flavor and the blue food coloring 2 drops. Mixing all this with the tincture I should be able to see if I have a consistent doseage based on color uniformity.

Cooked up the corn syrup + sugar + water to hard crack at 304F. Little higher than before because I think the last batch had a little more water in it than I wanted. Poured into the molds and went back to trim jail for a while. Broke them out, shook some powdered sugar on and BAM.

That shit looks so legit I can’t believe I made them myself.

Anyway, last week I started an experiment with some not-quite-dry buds in grove bags.

Popped them on the scale to see where we landed:

IBG lost the same, about 50mg. Suffice to say, moisture transfer is SLOW through the grove bags. I expected a slightly higher rate. It’s important to wait until they are ready, can’t bank on the grove bag letting excess moisture go too quickly. Common sense maybe, but all their documentation about moisture permeability led me to the impression there would be more weight loss going on.

Gotta run to the store, making tacos for dinner with pulled pork and need a few things. Wish me luck, I tested a candy or two :rofl:

Also, might be the candy working but I relabeled and hung the Fastbudz Original Bubblegum Auto reversal and Shiskaberry pollinated branches in the shed to dry and do some seed collecting. The NL#1 and the BDxTKNL5 Haze branches on the 907 are going until frost threatens because that was on the late side to be pollinating.

14 Likes