2023 "Field of Dreams"

I don’t think there’s a soul on this board that doesn’t prefer the dankest category. Hopefully a good cure gets everything even more solidly up the dank scale with some time. I haven’t cracked my Groves in about 10 days…the anticipation is building.

I’ll find out Saturday when I start preparing for the Halloween party. Cheech’s (wife) suspenders, moustache and beanie have arrived, as has my Chong beard/wig/bandana and glasses. Still looking for an appropriate shirt. I debating between just taking a few varieties of weed, grinder and papers or pre-rolling a bunch of joints. I’m definately pre-rolling a fat IBG blunt with one of my homegrown tobacco leaves. Hopefully the Panalawi is dry enough to take a few nugs of that so we don’t all just pass out at 7pm.

This made me chuckle more than I did as I wrote that. I thought it had flown under the radar.

hanky

COB Update:
Pulled the turds from the toilet bowl at 30 hours, ghetto towel/seedling mat arranged and situated for ~82F. I’ll bring home a variac from work so I can turn the heat down a bit so I can bundle better like you @MissinBissin In classic fashion (probably expected by you all now), I’ll make something intended to be simple entirely too sophisticated with little chance of tangible benefit.

I’m unable to detect any moisture visible through the bags so straight into the towel they go.

Here’s cob #2 test bud and cob rear view:

I’m curious @MissinBissin the first cobbs you noticed the ballooning and moisture during the towel stage were the Frankenstein you did about 2 weeks ago, right? Were they also dry and straight from the hot water to the towel?

We’ll see if I should do the next batch at 4-5 days dry rather than 6 in the next week or so. Rest of Panalawi will probably come down Sunday so I’ll have an even bigger pile of buds to cobb for round #2. The timing of this is all aligning fortuitously, where I’ll have some idea how the cobbing is going before I have to make batch #2. Not entirely by chance but it feels like my plans never unfold as intended so I’m going to give chance/luck the nod on this one. I think I’ll process about half the plant this way, no reason not to, there’s at least a QP of fantastic colas still drying for the conventional dry + manicure + Grove bag procedure. With any luck I’ll have 2 QP Groves of conventional Panalawi, and each cobb batch should also return about 3-4oz (5-6 oz of starting material). It’s hard to estimate how much weed is still on the plant but I think I harvested almost exactly half already.

6 Likes