2023 "Field of Dreams"

Got the pots filled. 4 x 50 gallons, so my guess of a cubic yard was a little heavy. I’m glad I went conservative with my application of the ammendments, I rode about 10-20% below “optimal” which is close to perfect for how much my estimate was. This was a happy accident combined with my fear of over-doing it.

I made pot shade/insulators from the double-sided mylar bubble wrap insulation. The space blankets I used last year were cheaper but wore out and tore apart in several cases. I used some $0.79 sets of pinch clamps from Harbor Freight to identify the pots. Blue = 907 Blue Genes, Pink = Indiana Bubblegum, Green = Panalawi and I’ll do all my autos in the Yellow pot. They’re about 2" longer than they need to be, so I have an adjustment for how close they hug.

Did a covercrop blend and creeping thyme in all of them as well as the veggie beds. I’m seeing really slow germination in my beds, and quicker germination in some pots on the back patio, because they are partially shaded. I added a temporary burlap ground cover in the pots to partially shade the top of the soil and I’ll remove it once things start to sprout.

Got the compost tea brewer fired up and dechlorinating a batch of water for the first compost tea brew, likely in a few days. May flush it out today and refill with fresh water. This was partially to finish cleaning the old airstones and container out, may as well get it all the way clean. I’ve got some time. The sound of the airpump running in the shed brings back good memories of last season.

Here’s the girls, soaking up the morning sun and freshly fed some half-dose fish sauce. They look much better since last weekend, two doses of fish juice now. You can see the tags of what I sent to gender testing last week. Farmer Freeman received them Friday so I’m hoping to pot them up Monday/Tuesday when I get results. Send them feminine vibes please :rofl:

Then there’s the mutant 907. I may keep this going out of curiosity, maybe in one of the veggie beds. It doesn’t hardly look like cannabis.

Have a great weekend guys, right on the precipice of official outdoor season 2023 starting here. :cowboy_hat_face:

11 Likes