2023 "Field of Dreams"

Update. Sad morning here in the Field.

Regrettably, the clones did not survive their desert transplant. Hindsight, I should have brought these outside like seedlings. I did place a burlap tent over them but it wasn’t enough. Lessons learned, onward and upward. There may still be some life in them, but it’s not looking better than it did a couple days ago. RIP Blueberry Muffin and Skywalker OG.

I was telling @ColeLennon that sure, it sucks but it’s great to learn these lessons NOW, than at a time when the stakes are higher. My other plants are rockin’ and none of this small stuff is going to shake my otherwise righteous season :adult:‍:microphone:

I live in an extreme climate. 100F during the day, 65-70 at night right now, usually cruising around 10-20% RH. It’s 5000’ altitude and the sun is serious business. Mistakes like I made above were simple but I’m not in a forgiving place.

Balls on my Original Bubblegum Auto. Sprayed STS each Friday morning for the last 3 weeks (3 sprays). I think now I just wait until they are ready to make pollen. Is that about right? I think I’ll do what I’ve seen around here, clip the flowers pre-burst and take them inside to sift the pollen out. Fast Feminized IBG may be a go this season :sunglasses: They smell distinctly bubblegum-ish, pleasantly surprised. Probably shouldn’t be surprised, it’s what I paid for but I’m always a skeptic. It’s not as in-your-face as the sample herb I got but its only week 3 of flower. She/he/zer/ze was the sole survivor of the 3 seeds I planted, I’m glad it not only is making it but has the terps I was looking for.

The Fastberry Auto is getting along. I’ll reverse this too and cross to the 907.

The rest of the girls are living their best life.

I fed everything a nice compost tea on Saturday morning, and an Aloe/Kelp foliar Sunday morning. This morning just some water, we’re consistently above 100F every day this time of year. Hoping between the good soil, lots of microbial activity promoting root growth, and lots of water cycling (it’s not like I get a choice there :rofl:) we’re in cruise control now.

Going to top dress on a 2-3 week interval, that’ll be coming up in 2 weeks. I’ll use my home soil test kit to check levels, I think I’m good on K for the rest of the season but I’ll keep an eye on concentrations rather than guess. Once things are all balanced out and settled it should be more of a “put a cup of general purpose nutes once a month” sort of thing, but for now I’m still trying to get ratios where I want them so it’ll be more N and P than anything else.

Also, a note on my IPM. The new cards I laid down Tuesday night have much fewer critters on them. So the neem, even though I burned some leaf margins applying it at a drenching doseage in the evening, seems to have done something. Still going to send Arbico an email and request advice on adding biologicals to the garden. I’ll post those pics here as well.

9 Likes