:sunglasses: :metal:

rushing around like that is a special kind of suck

calendar-wise it would seem early, but that plant is quick
maybe some soon, and some more later? :thinking:
wonder what @Mithridate would say?

4 Likes

Those look like they would be ready to pollinate. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Outdoors, pollinating when buds reach thumb size with plenty of pistils is a good guideline. You can also pollinate over time for even more seeds, but there is such a thing as too seeded hah.

Cool temps will slow down seed maturation so I often suggest pollinating on the earlier side to be safe.

7 Likes

@Mithridate @noknees @ColeLennon

Thanks for the input! I’ll get it out to come to room temp before I open it. I intend to bag a limb, throw some pollen in and shake it around over the course of an evening, crack the bag and start showering everything in water before I remove the bag. That about right? Or just use the qtip method?

4 Likes

Your Plants look spectacular @FieldEffect. Panalawi may jump the fence, I Cannot wait to see where she takes you.
Thanks for talking about the Pollen Chuck

2 Likes

Alrighty. Grabbed the pollen out of the fridge to come to room temp before I open it so there is no risk of condensation. I grabbed my FastBudz reversal male flowers out of the fridge as well, same packing for them after they were collected before opening a few weeks ago - dried before packing up for a couple days in the office.

I found this great post about using a grinder to process the unopened male flowers, I replicated that setup and minced up and shook my male flowers.

It actually looks like pollen. It may work after all, that’d be cool.

I’m going to attempt pollination this evening. I’ve got a minute amount of Bubblegum Auto pollen, and quite a bit of Shiskaberry pollen. I’m going to be attempting both pollens on both the 907 and the IBG.

I’ll spend the afternoon hopefully reading and fine-tuning my strategy. Whether it’s q-tips or bags, still haven’t decided yet. Probably putting a large cut black trash bag around the rest of the plants to protect them from my half-retarded efforts.

5 Likes

Be verdy careful huntin wabbits
hqdefault

3 Likes

I did it once in 2007 with an indoor plant. I put a black trash bag over it and taped it around the pot. Sliced a small hole and pulled out a cola. Taped it off on the stem. Pollinated by shaking my male all over the cola. An hour later I hosed it off with the bag on and removed the bag and hosed the whole plant off again. It worked only that cola was seeded.

3 Likes

That sativa makes me feel all giddy and happy inside just looking at it :relaxed:

4 Likes

We’ll find out tomorrow. It was breezier than I was comfortable with tonight

Me too. It’s a good thing, cause I think the waiting is really just getting started. But I’m really looking forward to smoking it. Hell, I’m sure all 3 of them will be great smokes.

But I’m sure there will be a favorite. And it may be Miss Sativa there.

5 Likes

Here we go :slightly_smiling_face:

Small amount on each cotton swab. Have large paper envelopes with the bottoms open to minimize cross pollination.

Will brush on pistils manually.

I decided that just wanting a few seeds this seems to be the way to go. If I take a branch and bag it and shake pollen around I’m going to have shitloads of seeds in all the wrong places. This stuff is way too fine to have airborne in any fashion.

6 Likes

Done. Now I wait half an hour and give them a shower?

14 Likes

I like it. I bet that will work just fine. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

That’s the effect I’m looking for in a “strain”/variety. I don’t know if that’s what you were referring to. A cannabinoid induced grin. I need a variety that does that, to offset a variety I need for severe pain.

3 Likes

The best strain I’ve ever found for pain is Sunshine Daydream. It is a hybrid. I’ve found that anything with Thai in it’s lineage will light up my pain centers like a christmas tree as well. So try and avoid those at all costs.

2 Likes

Panama x Malawi has an excellent reputation for quality of effect. That’s the main reason I picked it, I’m looking for up/happy without paranoia/hallucinations/dissociation. IC mag has quite a thread about it in the Ace section.

It’s raining today! Plants are happy :grin:

Is this what it looks like when pollen takes?

12 Likes

If you meen the early red stigmas…yes! :wink:

2 Likes

Those plants are looking great field. Congrats expecting. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

Hopefully

download (1)

8 Likes

It may rain overnight here! That is crazy af! Never in August here. Summer is dry.

I think there is a tropical storm down in Mexico. Usually it never makes it to SoCal. Normally it just gets humid, a bit of rain would be rad.

2 Likes