Carver Farms' Scorpion Candy thread

Thanks @blowdout2269 you are the guy that helped me last summer :sun_with_face: :arrow_up:

2 Likes

Really? I did?
Good to know! :crazy_face:
Glad I could be of service bud. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That occurred to me too. I’m toxifying it so it needs a couple of days off.

2 Likes

Worst case just collect the male flowers, dry them and pollinate your mom whenever she’s ready. I wouldn’t stress about timing the two synchronously especially if you are having difficulty with the reversal.

2 Likes

Field effect is exactly right, it’s not often a reversed female gives that visible dumping effect, you can take them, dry them and then disperse. Or you can actually grab the pods as they dry themselves (white/yellow ) then roll them between two fingers and the pods will open and the pollen forced to the front, if you have a black/dark background you can physically watch the dust fall and spread. This is what I just did after drying/spreading which was a pain in the ass, the individual sacks was so much easier.

5 Likes

Here’s a link to my sex-reversal journey complete with guidance from both @blowdout2269 and @TopShelfTrees1

Thanks again guys!

Reversal discussion:

Processing plucked banners into pollen:

5 Likes

I actually tried that last time but didn’t get much pollen. I might have to start over again. I hope not but I should know pretty soon.

2 Likes

Here are the mom and pop.

The little one is daddy.

You can’t tell in the picture yet, but I think there are male flowers about to pop out.

6 Likes

I zoomed in as much as I could, lol.
And yes, I’d say you very well might have male sacks popping out. :wink:
:smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks @blowdout2269! :+1: I wasn’t sure and this helps a bit.

1 Like

Now it’s obvious - I’ve got balls like this busting out all over!

I have a spot by the window sort of under a light with some chili peppers but that’s where I put the last one and you remember how that turned out. So I’m going to leave it in the tent until the last possible moment. If a little pollen falls before then, so be it.

8 Likes

It’s been 14 days since my last confession. I was starting to worry I wouldn’t get any pollen. Yesterday I spread foil under the plant, and today there was a smidge of pollen - enough to pollinate a couple of buds. So I’ll just bring the mom out every day for whatever little bit of pollen I can get. At least for the next couple of weeks.

8 Likes

I checked the buds I put pollen on and they look fertilized. And with more coverage than I expected so I think I’ll have enough pollen to make plenty of seeds.

13 Likes

I’ve been taking the tiny amounts of pollen being created and pollinating as many flowers as I could. I can’t believe how successful it’s been with 10 or 12 times dragging my finger on the foil at the bottom of the pot.

None of the flowers are fully-pollinated, but most of them are partially pollinated. I’m pretty sure I’ll have loads of seeds. She’s going to be ready to harvest in a month but the seeds need at least six weeks. So I’ll stop pollinating this weekend. So the seeds should be ready by mid-March, just in time for summer! :man_dancing:

I made a video to upload so you could see all the pollinated hairs, but this site doesn’t like videos and my YouTube is in my name.

7 Likes

I chopped the daddy clone. I’m going to dry it out and sift out all the pollen for using on something later. I have another male that’s going to start dropping pollen pretty soon and I can only really deal with two strains doing that at once right now.

The pollination has been successful. I’m going to give them a full two months before harvest. So April 1st.

7 Likes

I don’t know if you can tell from these pictures, but she’s pregnant with thousandtuplets! All girls!

12 Likes

She looks preggers all right. Good stuff bud. :+1:t3:
:grinning:

2 Likes

32 days to seed harvest!

She’s suffered a couple of broken branches and some light damage by moving the light too close, but she’s healthy and alive so I’m happy.

In a couple of weeks I’ll pick off a couple of seeds and do some test sprouts.

10 Likes

She’s completely done and I wish I could chop! But I’m going to wait on the seeds.

9 Likes

I’ve waited long enough. :alien:I chopped her today, day 75.

In a week or so I’ll know what I have, but hopefully it’s a big helping of S1s.

11 Likes