2023 "Field of Dreams"

It is interesting for sure. I read somewhere and I’ve looked for it again and never found it. Maybe someone here can clarify this. There is a way to determine the trigger for flowering based on something to do with the reduction of light including twilight and or civil twilight I can’t remember which when I read it. Being that this is only my third outdoor. I have noticed that most cultivars start flowering 8-10th of August here. DJ short blueberry which you would think was bred here in Oregon is a slow-moving bud builder like that Indiana Bubblegum last year. This is the I.B bud builders but not really forming a flower yet Aug 29th. Even though blooming.

3 Likes

It may just be that the breeding selections weren’t at all based on flower time. Which would make sense for those cultivars. They (Blueberry and Indiana Bubblegum) seem to be all about terps and effect, flower time may have been whatever they could just get away with. Other than that, I haven’t a clue.

1 Like

It is really interesting. The I.B’s only description being unknown breeder or parents 10 week min cut. It was ready Oct 19th which is right around 10 weeks. I don’t really think too much about weeks since like most, I harvest based on my preferred trich color. I did notice I took the BF right at 8 weeks and the BBM 8 1/2 weeks I wanted more amber “30%”. The I.B right at 10 weeks and with standard trich harvest with cloudy, a few amber, and a few clear.

1 Like

LMAO was re-reading the thread this morning reviewing my decisions and questionable judgements. This one made me laugh from mid-July. Panalawi has still has pedal to the metal and is making it’s neighboring tree feel inadequate :rofl:

7 Likes

My Bubblegum clone was a bit shaded until I cut a tree.Its within a few weeks of being done,I believe.

5 Likes

Well what a View @FieldEffect
Your growing Beasts

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :metal: This was when I said, You need to spread those 50’s out. :rofl:

2 Likes

I love that bubblegum I grew. Those are some fat colas. :sunglasses: :metal:

3 Likes

They’re manageable beasts. At least for now. :cowboy_hat_face:

I did as instructed, thankfully :rofl:

Hope you guys are having a good Saturday. I’ve been fixing the MILs roof and outlets all morning, need to run back after lunch and make sure everything gets a little water, depends. Call it a dryback day, I just didn’t have a chance to water today or last night. Been listening to that podcast, jeez, I really like that Angus guy. Encyclopedic knowledge of cannabis history.

3 Likes

Still can’t believe you managed to move those 50’s by yourself without pulling a muscle. :rofl:

1 Like

3 Likes

Finally got to that part! Almost at the end.

You should have seen me huffing and puffing trying to spin them 6" at a time :joy:

@noknees Panalawi was a bit upset and 907 was depressed and wilty. IBG gave no shits about my delinquency. Woulda figured I’d have at least 36 hours with 50 gallons of dirt. FALSE. Watered just a bit I do want them slightly thirsty in the morning for aloe/silica thirst quencher tea I’m gonna get cooking for them. Make my amends :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m out smoking a cigar in the chair they are already right back to their perky selves. They look fully recovered in 10 minutes

3 Likes

Well, we’ve got a stormy week ahead! I sprayed BT this morning and fed each plant this:

5 gallons aerated water
1/2 cup blended whole aloe leaf
0.63mL (1/8 tsp) Grow Genius Mono-Silicic

Came back from town to find pretty ridiculous wind. Time for some more bracing. Spent about an hour adding bamboos, more zip ties, more support wires. Plucking leaves and clipping off hopeless larf branches.

IBG is a photogenic girl, I’d think these donkey appendages were big if I didn’t have bigger ones 30’ away. She is stinking something fierce. Pistils starting to look about 30% dark, so we’re getting into the final leg with her. Beautiful, heavy colas. I think she’ll be done in a couple weeks.

907 also delightfully intoxicating aroma. These colas are dense AF. I plucked a moth that was stuck to a sugar leaf, happy I sprayed this morning. Still almost entirely white pistils, we’ve got some time on the clock still. Which is good, because I’m getting some pollen for another cross attempt.

Panalawi lost some serious leaves as I plucked, she’s really hungry for N and getting quite a few yellows going on. I have a suspicion that part of the flowering routine is perhaps having less N available, so I’m a little reluctant to add any other than the castings and the flower ration of N she’s already getting. Does anyone KNOW? Should I just add some fish to help the yellows or let it happen without worrying about it? Being half-stupid and in a hurry I didn’t take pics until after I plucked them. But it feels like a lot to me.

In my haste my arms are covered in resin reaching around all the plants and my watch is sticky. Didn’t notice until afterwards but my watch and I seem to need a shower in isopropyl so I don’t smell like I rubbed charas all weekend :rofl:

Generally everything is in great health here, myself included. The girls are happy and sturdier. The worst of the wind seems to be today and they’re pretty stable. Cheers!

13 Likes

That IBG looks awesome and that 907 is off the Charts. Those have to put a smile on your face every time you glance at them. :sunglasses: :metal:

3 Likes

I think it’s hilarious how normalized things become to me. I’m now acclimated to a 10’ or taller weed plant in my back yard and I think my 5-6’ plants are small. 2 years ago I would have thought the IBG was a fucking monster behemoth plant. But damn, I am truely excited that I’m getting the terps I hoped for. The smell brings smiles. The sight, well, sure I’m happy. The smiles are from smell tho. I hardly remember them being this stage of life:

And I love just sitting in the chair watching the sun rise after I water or spray them. It’s the most peaceful time I have in life. I don’t even think about anything I just stare out at the light peeking over the horizon.

9 Likes

A top dressing of worm castings would help, but the Panalawi looks healthy.

5 Likes

Mine always run low on potassium and calcium towards the end of flower. I’ve also found too many teas or organics can drop the ph of the soil. A couple things to look out for.

2 Likes

@Tejas I top dressed a few pounds of castings on Friday morning, just hasn’t kicked in yet. Patience is hard for me to muster when I see yellow :wink:

@Ottafish thanks for the heads up :smiley:

Thanks for the input guys!

5 Likes

The yellowing could also be from potassium. I have some plants that are just more yellow in general even when others with the same treatment look great.

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

a few things come to mind, but i’d be very curious abt what @Upstate would say.
maybe put up some fresh pics at the other place too? :thinking:

2 Likes