2'x2.5' Burner! Appropriate lamp for BIG Yield in small space

Well…

Made the move yesterday evening and ordered the ACI EVO4 thru Big A. Should be here by end of week.
I’ll do a set up this weekend to see how everything looks with the 9" extension installed. I’ll keep the filter & exhaust fan inside tent to keep wifey semi-happy, and keep things looking clean as possible, lol.

If I have the time, I’ll try to knock out some PAR maps!

2 Likes

Thanks, Grouchy!

Im having fun! Im still new in this hobby, and having fun taking my grows slow. I just see so many things going on, that I just want to try everything…

Last grow didnt quite go my way towards the end, but still pulled out 10oz+. Cool thing is, even if things dont completely work out to hopes/plan I still have SOME home-grown.

Thats the way Im looking at this side-project… When its over, regardless of harvest size… I still have some weed to vape and lessons learned. And keep some folks entertained!

When this is up and running, I really want to grow LSD in it! Supposed to be on the shorter side and a great high…

You have a great attitude and I wish you all the best of luck with your project

I’ll be following you, keep posting updates please, so far all the posts you’ve made are interesting and you’re not afraid of anything

1 Like

At this point, Im only afraid of breaking more bones. In this hobby, that seems unlikely. lol.
I just try not to pay attention to the money Im blowing through.

I’m gonna start another OG grow diary soon. That will be my official Octopot grow diary from here on with both my 2x4 and 2x2.5 grows.

1 Like

Guess what showed up!?
Normally, Id wait til the weekend to get moving, but I was just a bit excited!

Tearing down the Shorty to give it the much needed 9 inches (thats what she said, lol).

The HLG100v2 is coming out and just look at the difference! If needed, that lamp will go in the Clone tent again. Ive used it for early veg, etc. Its a Veg only lamp per HLG.

8pm hit and I stopped. Had to set a limit. Will finish up most likely over the weekend. Need to do some rigging for the lamp. Gotta see how I want it to hang. Im thinking fixed mount. We’ll see.

4 Likes

Nothing accomplished today. Picked up some Steelheart tickets for me and wifey. Mr Miljenko Matijević did a fine job tonight!

Back on track for the weekend! Getting this tent and lamp sorted out by Sunday for sure. Going to hydro store Saturday to pick up Coco-Loco soil for next weekends 2x4 grow.

2 Likes

Hey guys!

Light is mounted and really fills up that 2x2.5!

Light is literally less than 1" from exhaust and filter.

Top view with Driver remote mounted and Controller 69 up top.

Tent City

I approximated the height of my Octopot with seedling, and looks like my lowest PPFD will be around 177 at level 1 of 10 on controller 69.

That may be a bit on the high side for germination/Seedling?

2 Likes

35" from bottom of EVO 4 to top of Octopot sleeve. 18" from bottom of reservoir to top of Octopot sleeve.

So basically, the soil should sit right about 16" from floor.

Using Uni-T with PPFD App.
737 PPFD at 35". That’s level 10.
Level 1 was just what I approximated around 160-175 PPFD

2 Likes

I think that’s in the reasonable range, 200 is commonly recommended

Out of curiosity, what do you get at 10/10 brightness?

737 at 35" level 10

1 Like

Man that is bright all the way down there :sunglasses:

I just put one of the Hydro Wicks into some fabric bags I had bought and never used. Perfect fit. All I would really have to do is cut out a hole to fit the hydro Wick cup.

I purchased these bags to use with the AC Infinity self-watering system, but ended up not using it in favor of the Octopot

2 to 3 inches shorter than the rocket sleeves which are already shorter than the original sleeves by an inch or so. I wonder if that would work and give the moisture gradient needed.

1 Like

Going to open up a new thread and see if anyone has done anything like this as far as the smaller fabric bag

I’ve been seeing anywhere from 100-200 on the interweb. Hopefully, being toward the upper end of that range (170ish) wont be too much for germination/seedling. Beyond that, Im feeling pretty good about the lamp and how it should perform in my tent. I see its PPFD level is going to be insane with super-even coverage.

I could always install supplemental lighting for seedling, if needed.

1 Like

Yeah it is. :yum:

Thats why I wanted an “oversized” light. Its not just about the wattage, its the edge to edge bar lamp coverage I’m going to get from sticking 3x3 lamp in a 2x2ish tent.

3 Likes

interesting ill be watching this

2 Likes

Updated set-up. Will be using Rain Science tall 7G bag with Octopot.

Should be a pretty bad-ass grow, I think. I’m getting super excited about it!

3 Likes

I’ll say!!!

You’re gonna fill that room for sure, this’ll be fun to watch. :+1:

2 Likes

This thread was just for the light decision, etc. Grow starts in a week on this thread

1 Like