2'x2.5' Burner! Appropriate lamp for BIG Yield in small space

Hey guys!

Just finished my second grow and about to start my third very soon. Id like to alternate or slip in a side grow every once in a while.

My main grow tent is a 2x4. Due to space constraints that likely wont change. I take plants full-term including drying in my tent.

So far, Ive done two grows. Ever. First grow 2x4, Five plants each in 5 gallon pots. Just over 16oz dry.
Second grow same tent, one plant. Just over 10oz dry, but got stunted Flower week 6 on…Shoulda, coulda been more. Experiment gone wrong, we’ll say.

Id like to utilize my Gorilla 2’x2.5’
I dont want to waste my time trying to harvest 2,3 or 4 Ounces. I want no less than 8-10 oz and preferably in the 10,12 or 16oz range.

One Tent.
One Octopot (6 Gallon)
One Plant.
One light to rule them all…lol

Im looking at:
AC Infinity IONFRAME EVO4 300W $305 pre-tax amazon with code.
MARS HYDRO FC3000-EVO 300W (newest Samsung) $269.99 pre-tax Amazon discounted
MARS HYDRO FC-E3000 300W (non-samsung) $229.99 pre-tax Amazon discounted
MEDIC GROW 2022 Mini Sun-2 Led Grow Light 320W $239 pre-tax Amazon

Am open to any other lamps that may fit in my tent.

AC Infinity is on the pricier side, but the others are all below $300.
Im using an ACI Controller 69 to control everything. Lamp must be able to be controlled by that.

Medic Grow is the low-price leader, but Im kinda leaning toward bar-style due to high wattage along with small space and heat concerns.

Mars Hydro FC-E3000 is kinda the sweet spot, I think.

First grow - 5 plants in 2x4 - light HLG350R

Second grow one plant in 2x4 - light Growlightscience ProGrow320

2’x2.5’ Shorty next to 2x4 tent

I do have one section that can be installed in the shorty if I need some additoinal height. Both tents have fairly similar set up. Controller 69pros, ACI fans, ACI 6" exhaust, etc.

Lamp needs to be able to fit inside tent dimensions, so should be under 22’ short way since tent measures 24"x30"

Anyone have thoughts? Ideas? Criticisms?

10 Likes

Try HLG refurbished light :bulb:, they are a GR8 company and they stand behind their product and will go the distance to always be helpful. Don’t hesitate to buy the refurbished as they are just as good as new! Just my experience and thoughts :thought_balloon: on this. :facepunch::wink::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

3 Likes

If you go mars hydro there’s one of them along with a 6in clip fan from their store on Amazon for $261 MARS HYDRO FC-E3000 300Watt LED Grow Light 3X3ft Full Spectrum Grow Light Bar with 1184pcs Diodes, 6 Inch Clip-On Fan for Grow Tents https://a.co/d/b1De096

3 Likes

I have both the Gorilla Grow 2x2.5 shorty and the AC Infinity IonFrame Evo 4 which fits PERFECTLY into the shorty and I pulled a hair over 1lb from two plants from my last grow, 451g dried. I HIGHLY recommend the AC Infinity light.

5 Likes

HLG is the first place I tried. No go. Nothing but a refurb HLG650R would support my experiment. It would fit, but SOOOO overkill, and even discounted price they gave me is just too much $$$ to justify. Almost twice the power of my HLG350R. Plus, that lamp would still need some distance to perform.
Everything else too small, too big, not enough power, etc…

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

I would LOVE to hear more about that grow. Do you have it documented? Was your shorty tent in full shorty mode, or did you use the included extension?

I wonder how that light would compare to the Mars Hydro lights I’m also considering? Probably fairly similar in a 2x2 situation… I do like the thought of direct control thru controller 69 without type B adaptor.

2 Likes

About as fully documented as a daily stoner can make. ManBearAlienPig and a cross, ChemBearAlienPig and GLo. I dont really count the GLo in the total as she just produced around 1.5ish ounces.

I used the extensions so I could have an internal height of 5’11".

2 Likes

Cool. What distance and level did you run the ACI lamp?

1 Like

About 18 inches.

Its gonna be tight doing this with an Octopot in a shorty tent. Gonna have to be on-point with training, etc.
Def gonna have to insert the 9" extension.

Leaning towared the Mars Hydro EVO lamp. Not much discount on it now, Not much going on for sales when Im shopping…

Need to get another Octopot setup as well.

Hey @supersecretjim . That little dog looks exactly like mine. He is my best friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Here’s a state of the art cannabis-friendly spectrum, lensed LED that is designed specifically for a 2x2 tent, for under $100 (with the one-click discount) on the AmZone with free shipping.

I just bought one of these and the specs check out as advertised. ViparSpectra says that two of these will handle a 2x4 and I tend to believe them.

You are gonna have one full tent @supersecretjim, I’ll look forward to watching you grow!
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Stanlee’s my best buddy. We do everything together. He’s amazing!

1 Like

Thanks!
Ive already checked out the Viparspectra lamp. Great lamp, but underpowered for my 2x2.5 tent. Need around 300 watts to pull the Dry-yield numbers I’m looking for.

3 Likes

Octopot looks sexy sitting in the shorty tent, lol. It’ll be a couple months before I’m moving on this one. Still need to start my 4x2 grow.

Gotta order lamp, type B adapter, another recip fan, another Octopot.

Thats whats in the tent right now… HLG100 veg lamp and AC Infinity 6" exhaust fan, etc…

2 Likes

That’s what I’m counting on! I just can’t see myself sticking a 150 watt lamp in there and doing 3 - 4 months worth of work to pull out 2 or 4 ounces.

I’m going big… In a 2x2!

No less than half pound, realistically. Goal is 3/4 to 1 lb.

Just need to see what my clearances are once I have the light purchased and installed with Gorilla extension.
Running into the light is a real worry for me on this one. Going to try and pick a shorter growing strain, but you never know…

3 Likes

my best ever was 4.8oz from a single plant in a 2x2, under a 120w Spider Farmer light.
But, it was an auto, and i didn’t do any scrogging/training.

I think with a photoperiod on a longer veg time, to set up good training/scrogging for full coverage (and some high yielding plants) you could pull over 1/2 lb, easy.

Wishing you luck! I’ll be watching to see how it goes!

2 Likes

In my experience it is way too easy to overdo it in the photon flood dept with modern LEDs. I have found it best to give the plants enough, but not too much, LED love.

Nor do I think light intensity is the primary factor in yield. But I’m not so much into yield these days…

You must know what you’re doin, but I bet you’ll have your monster beam dimmed down and raised as high as you can get it in a 2x2.5 tent to avoid crispy critters!

No offense intended @supersecretjim, I’m pulling up a seat to watch the show.

Respectfully,
-Grouchy :v: :green_heart:
PS, I’ve got two of those Vipar 1500 lights covering a 2x4 tent right now and everybody looks happy.

5 Likes

thats a great take for that wattage! Especially for an auto.

1 Like